1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL owners like you.

1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 6/5/14 | Clinton, IA
Seriously awesome car. One of the last real Mercedes before the cost cutting accountants and Crysler took over. Feels like its made out of a piece of stone, the quality is awesome and it's seriously quick. I've had Bentleys, Porsches and tuned Sierra Cosworths and this is as good as any of them. The only problem is that it is a total money pit. Parts are really expensive and it's a very complex car, certainly not for back street mechanics or even main dealers for that matter. It has all the computers and sensors but a very basic diagnostics system so repairs can be an expensive process of elimination. Might be more reliable if I drove it slowly but I seem to get possessed every time I get behind the wheel. Need to sell it before I go bankrupt but will never regret owning the best 500sl!
By on 5/25/12 | Newberg, OR
As our family (kids and grandkids) walked out of the local pizza restaurant, we passed a red 500 SL. My husband and I have been shopping to replace a 96 mini van with 280,000 miles on it, and have looked and tried about every car out there. Go for gas mileage? comfort? But imagine his surprise when we gave him a set of keys and told him it was his! He is in heaven, and I will drive that minivan to 400,000 if I have to, to keep that beautiful Mercedes for him.
By on 8/30/11 | Bellevue, NE
Bought this car from Mercedes dealership in Omaha about a year ago and love it. Certified mileage 27,400 and the vehicle is in mint condition inside and out. The sticker price of $99,750 in 1992 came as a shock and is the reason why this baby performs and looks like a world class sports car. The only problem that I have is the fact that this 500SL spends most of its time in my garage, which is 5 or 6 months in the winter and if there is even a hint of bad weather the rest of the year. I have only put less than 1,000 miles on this dream machine, but they have been the most enjoyable miles I have ever driven. If you can afford one, run do not walk out to get one.