1993 Mazda MX-6 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1993 Mazda MX-6 owners like you.

1993 Mazda MX-6 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 1993 Mazda MX-6. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 3/1/13 | Savannah, GA
love it. you will tooo. i promise you.
By on 5/12/11 | Springfield, MA
Awesome Car!!! I have a turboed mx6 and it moves
By on 11/5/08 | Redwood City, CA
I had my Mazda MX6 for a long time and generally loved it. The interior body styling was very modern and ergonomic, especially when comparing it to other cars of the same age. The leather seat were really comfortable. The V6 motor was plenty powerful and generally reliable. My MX-6 needed the auto repair shop more often than a Honda or Toyota, but it was still pretty reliable, and I didn't have any repairs that were very expensive. The brakes worked great, except that I always seemed to warp the brake rotors after a while, so I had some high-performance drilled rotors installed, which were only a little more $ than the stock ones. Those helped A LOT, and I didn't get any vibrations after that. One thing about the brakes, if you need to replace the master cylinder, don't let the shop use a reconditioned part; make them put a new one in. I had 3 (!) reconditioned ones fail, and it was a nightmare, with my brakes freezing on in the middle of nowhere. I marked down the drivetrain a little because while the manual 5 speed transmission was reliable, it had a clunky feeling to it - never liked that transmission. Also the sliders for the heater and air conditioning temperature control on the dashboard didn't really work right, so basically the heat was on or off, without much ability to adjust it to a comfortable "middle" setting. All in all though, I enjoyed this car a lot. The motor was reviewed in the automotive press as one of the best and smoothest V6s ever made, and it was a pleasure to drive the manual 5 speed on curvey roads. My favorite was 3rd gear, which would pull all the way up from 15mph to 60mph. Fun! Also, the styling seems to age well, and still looks good all these years later. Great car.