2005 Mazda MPV Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Mazda MPV owners like you.

2005 Mazda MPV Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Mazda MPV. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 3/31/16 | Carlsbad, CA
We picked up our ES when it was 3 years old with 46,000 on it. I said I'd drive it into the ground and then replace it. 8 years later, it is currently at 208,000 with only minor repairs (one injector coil at 60k, water pump at 110k and again at 190k, idle control unit at 180k). At a local shop, the repairs have been ridiculously cheap as well. The size is perfect. In Asia, they sell the version that came after this, known as the Mazda8 over there. Same medium size but nicer interior with more modern styling. Oh, how I wish they would bring the next version over here. Unlikely.
By on 5/21/15 | Mission, TX
this is a great van, I don't understand why they stop making this van. very low maintenance needed to this van if drive properly.
By on 1/27/13 | Patuxent River, MD
I bought this van in 05. Only replaced Tires, brakes and all the coils. The van is perfect and I dont know why they don't make them anymore. Being in the military I have lived in SC, PA, NC, MD and a lot of trips to NY. The only negative remark is that this van is not good in the snow at all. I have been waiting to see if they make a new one so I can trade this one in for the new one. If not I will keep this one till the end.
By on 2/22/09 | Providence, RI
Over all I really like the car, I needed a van, that could fit in our drive way. Plus I always have at least 3 or 4 children with us.
the problems I have had with this car, the brakes never seemed right and we purchased the car new from Tasca. The electrical system has has some problems, two radios have been replaced and wire to the spark plugs have burned out. The dealer has been right on top of most of the problems and has bent over backwards to satisfy us.
I would buy another Mazada. That being said the everyday repairs you are better off going to your favorite service shop, when Tasca told me to fix my brakes was $84 per hour I almost fell down.