2006 Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 Mazda Miata MX-5 owners like you.

2006 Mazda Miata MX-5 Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Mazda Miata MX-5. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 11/21/12 | Waikoloa, HI
I purchased my MX-5 new and for the most part it has been great. I have 18,000 miles I seem to have the same problem as others. The check engine light is on some of the time and the Dealer charges $92.00 to clear the error, several times! there is never anything wrong or so they say. There must be an electrical problem because the battery goes dead after sitting for a few days.

It's a fun car and it is a shame the Dealer won't try harder to get so of the issues resolved. I more I read what others have as problems the more I see a pattern of similar issues.

COME ON MAZDA GET WITH IT, IF YOU WANT LOYAL CUSTOMERS
By on 8/20/12 | San Diego, CA
I love my 2006 MX - 5 with only 13,00 miles with one exception. Every since I bought the car I have had a check engine light that always seems to be lit. The car has been taken to the dealer for repairs numerous times. They have said i did not replace the gas cap twice, replaced the gas cap, replaced the gas filler pipe; but the light is still on 60% of the time. Now It has failed its Calif. emissions test, not for emissions, but a computer glitch related to a sensor.
Mazda has denied my emissions warranty.
By on 3/20/11 | Hartford, MI
I did a lot of research on this particular mx5 before looking for one. It has surpassed my expectations and I love to drive this car, especially with the soft top down. After six months of looking at other sports cars, Mazda was the best choice. To drive one is to want one.
By on 5/25/10 | Fort Mill, SC
Red soft top 5 speed and 34,000miles - no problems great car. Have also had oil services. Replaced Air filter with K&N after 1000miles. Original tires.
By on 3/8/09 | Buffalo, NY
The finish has been poor from the start. Mazda dealer did some polishing but I would expect perfect from a NEW car.
3 batteries in 2 1/2 years even with a smart charger over 36000 kms on car.
I have 4 cars and 2 motorcycles and I dont have anywhere near the problem with them.
there is a gremblin in the charging system and Mazda wont acknowledge that there IS a problem.
my 2 cents.