1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 owners like you.

1997 Mazda Miata MX-5 Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 1997 Mazda Miata MX-5. The average rating is a 5.0 out of 5.
1997 Mazda Miata MX-5
By on 1/13/12 | St. Petersburg, FL
Bought my '97 M Edition this summer. My Mom had the original year for 11 years and I had the chance to drive it often and I fell in love. I became hooked on convertibles when I was 8 years old. No I wasn't driving (haha). My Dad's best friend used to take me for rides in the hills of San Francisco and Napa in a '67 MG. Talk about Heaven. My Limited Edition had 164k miles when I got it but had been well maintained. It's my only car. Right now I have a valve lifter issue, but come to find out, there's all kinds of stabilizer bars on the under carriage, a racing clutch and the great roll bar that came factory installed. I just might change my name to Mario Andretti!
1997 Mazda Miata MX-5
By on 6/13/11 | Huntsville, AL
Bought it with only 9800 on it in NH 11 years ago and drove in NY and now AL. Fantastic car. Have 75000 mostly city miles and do expected maintenance and always change oil every 5000. Did timing belt and water pump as a precaution due to age at 60000. (once you do belt may as well pull water pump). Other than that only brake slave cylinder has failed and exhaust due to salt in NY. No other failures at all, I did replace the plastic rear window for looks. Buy one of these and you will smile every day.