2005 Mazda Mazda6 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Mazda Mazda6 owners like you.

2005 Mazda Mazda6 Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Mazda Mazda6. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 3/27/12 | Harrisburg, PA
I have a 2005 Mazda 6. I bought it brand new. I love my car, but I have found maintenance can be very expensive on it. I do take it to the dealership for most work. I know that tends to make it cost more, but I feel they do the best work as I have tried other places and I always end up back at Mazda. The staff is honest, friendly, and very willing to help. I love the way it drives and aside from regular maintenance I have had to do very little work on the car. I recommend this car to people all the time, but I always warn them of the cost of repairs. Hope this helps someone make a decision
By on 1/13/12 | Columbiana, AL
I HAVE A MAZDA 6 2005 AND I HATE IT. AFTER PURCHASING IT IN JANURARY 2006, FIRST TIME I USED A/C, IT DIDN'T WORK. TOOK IT INTO DEALER. THERE WAS A WHOLE IN A/C HOSE. DEALER EXPECTED US TO PAY FOR IT (OVER $800.00). BIG AGUMENT!! I HAVE HAD MORE BRAKE WORK DONE ON THIS CAR THAN ANY I HAVE EVER OWNED. NOW THE COOLING FAN IS AOUT.....AGAIN AFTER HAVING IT REPLACED 2 TIMES UNDER A RECALL.
DEALER TELLS ME THEY WILL NOT PAY FOR IT AGAIN. OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE A DECENT FAN IF IT KEEPS GOING OUT. NEVER, EVER AGIN WILL I HAVE A MAZDA.
By on 2/22/11 | West Salem, WI
I have had my Mazda6 since 2007 and I LOVE IT! Handles like a dream. Sure maintenance needs to be done, but that is on all cars. We need a bigger car(family getting bigger) but we are keeping our little 'zoom zoom' .
By on 2/7/11 | Grover Beach, CA
everytime somthing goes wrong with this car I TAKE IT TO DEALER same old thing its fine or that just the way the car is I THINK its the ford parts and slimmy dealership.
By on 10/9/10 | Hinesville, GA
Great car!
By on 11/20/09 | Colorado Springs, CO
2005 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon. Overall pleased with the car. It's fits my skis on the inside and it's fun to drive.
1. However, Check engine light shows trouble code P0455 (Evap Emmission Control Leak - Large). Takes 7-8 seconds of cranking to start the car after removing fuel filler cap (after a fill-up). After that it starts fine. Not sure if this is a gas cap problem, purge valve or what. Dealer wants about $100 to diagnose/pull codes. Anyone know what this is?
2. The 6-speed auto transmission often down-shifts too sharply (jolts/clunks) when downshifting into 4th gear. Dealer checked this out earlier but couldn't find anything wrong.
...Wish I could solve these two problems--I'd be a happy camper.