1999 Mazda B2500 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Mazda B2500 owners like you.

1999 Mazda B2500 Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 1999 Mazda B2500. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 12/25/11 | Owens Cross Roads, AL
Bought my B2500 new in 2000 (it is a 1999 model). I was still in college but about to graduate. I have taken care of this truck, getting the oil changed every 3 months or so and the only problem I have had was the alternator started to fault when the truck was 3 years old. I replaced it and everything has operated like it should. It has 158,000 miles on it and I drive it 4 times a week to work which is 44 miles round trip.
By on 11/2/11 | Orlando, FL
I bought my '99 B2500 in 2003 with 53K miles. I drove it from Orlando to Cape Canaveral everyday (100 mile round trip) for 7 years. I now work back in Orlando and the truck has 240K miles on it and still runs and looks like new. My wife is on me to trade it and get a new truck but I'm keeping it till the wheels fall off.
By on 3/12/11 | Satellite Beach, FL
I bought it new in 98 and besides 8 sets of tires, 2 batteries, 3 alternators, timing belt, 3 lower ball joints, 2 upper joints, 3 tune ups, and oil change every 3-5 thousand miles this truck served us well. I have over 202,000 miles and would not trade it.
I will admit there are a few quirks like leaking passenger side floor, knocking with cheap gas, grinding noise shifting to 3rd, but never left me stranded. Its starting to rust since its a beach car and never seen a garage......I'll drive it till the wheels fall off it.
By on 9/18/10 | Temple, TX
My only complaint is that it leaks on the passenger side floor board. I think some of it was coming in from the 3rd brake light, but I caulked it with silicone and water still gets in. Not a major problem and something I could probably solve if I looked a little harder. But the truck has been great at 11 years old. Both my kids have wrecked it- my daughter drove it into a stump and my boy drove it through a fence and it is tough as nails still going strong.
Another thing, mine has had a tendency to knock with regular since it was new- I run mid-grade so it won't knock, get 25 mpg. Motor has been very dependable. I have only cleaned the IAC and replaced the blower resistor
By on 5/18/10 | Terry, MS
Excellent vehicle. At 160,000 plus miles it still runs excellent and quiet. Owned for 10 years and haven't had any problems until now in which I am replacing the timing belt. It is noninterference which means that I won't encounter additional motor problems.