1995 Mazda 626 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1995 Mazda 626 owners like you.

1995 Mazda 626 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 1995 Mazda 626. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 11/22/17 | San Jose, CA
Glad I found RepairPal as a website to express my experience with the cars I drive. I bought the 1995 Mazda 626 brand new, and while most of you will not buy the exact make and model, I truly think Mazda vehicles are not reliable as an auto manufacture.

Several years into it, with almost 50,000 miles, the car started shaking on the freeway. I didn't know what caused it, but a year later, the engine stopped working (with more than 75,000 miles). Each visit to the mechanic costed us more than just an oil change. I think overall, not including tires and oil changes, we spent over $4500 on all mechanical issues. We finally sold it to a mechanic, and bought a Camry instead. I once heard, "If you still see cars from the last decade with over 100,000 miles, you know that is a reliable brand." It is still true today. We see plenty of Honda, Toyota, and BMW from the early millennial.
By on 6/29/11 | Philadelphia, PA
engine light comes on and off
By on 11/5/10 | Northridge, CA
Car is 16 years old with 138000 miles. Just replaced rear brakes for the first time. Just had first engine repair-water pump. Clear coat on paint just beginning to wear through, on a car that has been outside it's whole life.
Now the bad. Auto trans rebuilt at 50 and 85 thousand miles. It has unrepairable cooling issues, just a poor design. There was a recall movement, but nothing ever came of it. Door panel material has shrunk and peeled off, and headliner rotted and came loose, The four cylinder engine with the auto is very weak. With the AC on the acceleration is poor, and the MPG drops by about five mpg