2001 Lexus RX300 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Lexus RX300 owners like you.

2001 Lexus RX300 Ratings Overview
9 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Lexus RX300. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 2/27/15 | Fredericksburg, VA
2001 Lexus rx300 bought it used in 2010 with 94k miles, has been back and forth to Tampa from the northern Va. area many times hauling a trailer and packed to the gills, now it has 191k miles and runs great! all wheel drive is surprising in the snow, never had it off road, best used car I've ever owned! We also own a 2008 rx 350, I think the 300 it built better :) it's my daily driver, everything works perfect! Thank you Lexus, I'd really be reluctant to buy anything that's not a Toyota product, been that way for 30 years!
By on 7/22/13 | Brainerd, MN
Love my car and have had it 5 years. Have 129,000 and now see it is burning oil.
By on 11/18/11 | Altamonte Springs, FL
I'm sorry to hear some people have had bad luck with their RX300. I love mine!! I bought it used in 2004 with 63K miles on it. Beside the minimal wear and tear items that happen its been a dream!!! Everyone stated that its such a awesome car to ride in, quiet, smooth, and looks brand new. It has 158K miles on it now & looks like the transmission is having a problem. I'm not worried I have a reputable mechanic that I go to since Lexus of Orlando pissed me off. Never took it back to them since. If it cost me $2-3K to fix it will be worth it cause it will take me another 150K miles!!! But the day it died I will buy another Lexus guaranteed!!!
By on 9/27/10 | Springfield, MO
I bought the 2001 RX300 from a lady who bought it new from our dealership and since I was a service writer there for a few years when she traded it in for the new model in 2008, I checked her maintenance and she did every oil change everything Lexus recommended at the mileage intervals and since Dec 2008 I have kept up with the same maintenance and I have had not one issue with this vehicle besides a passenger side window switch. I have 150,000 miles on this beast and it does everything I ask from being super classy with all leather, and supper rugged while off roading when I need it to. People are only on these boards when somethings wrong. Don't rely on a few people that didn't keep up with the maintenance. This vehicle is boss and the reliability is above and beyond.
By on 6/23/10 | Cave Creek, AZ
Bought is brand new in 2001, 99300 miles to-date, Thank god I purchased that extended warranty. Transmission rebuilt on Yr 5 ($2000); Center multifunction display replaced twice ($800); Lock actuator replaced ($600); Air handling servo replaced ($350). Have been maintaining in near mint condition. Never a Lexus again.
By on 6/22/10 | Rensselaer, NY
it's good for me.I love this car.
By on 6/22/10 | Enid, OK
love the car, i bought it w/27,000 mies, it's at 90,000 now, i put gas w/the car running a yr ago and it caused problems w/a sensor that cost 900.00 to fix. other than that no problems except having to rep[lace the left ftont and back tail light. toyota is a rip off, wanted to charge 45.00 just to tell me it's my bulbs and nothing else is wrong, only the tail light warning light was on. it looks pretty easy to change both . my son is going to change it, and it will cost less than 20.00.
By on 6/12/10 | Exeter, NH
9 years old, 130K. Repairs to date: 2 O2 Sensors, 4 brake rotors (original fronts rotted), transmission fluid line behind radiator rotted and leaked (common problem says Lexus parts guy), electrical failure of hi beam headlights, drivers leather seat cracked/didn't wear well, needed replacement. Engine of this year reported to have sludge problem that could cause failure due to inadequate lubrication, but it has run very well for me to date. AC lost charge last week; diagnosis pending. AWD great in snow, exceptional with snow tires. Not a bad vehicle, but I had higher expectations of reliability.
By on 4/11/10 | Chicago, IL
The sticker price doesn't match up to the reliability. I'm the only driver, car kept in garage. Both front leather seats and around the handle on the driver's side had to be repaired. Icon for lights keep coming on. Heating and AC have been on and off which has turned me very off. I bought it brand new to go into retirement!