2003 Lexus IS300 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2003 Lexus IS300 owners like you.

2003 Lexus IS300 Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2003 Lexus IS300. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 12/22/11 | Warner Robins, GA
The interior finish on the dash of my IS300 has per other observations from stories I've read started to "melt" when touched. Dealership stated problem due to use of Armor All which I did use over last few year. I removed interior dash per instructions I obtained on line and used solution of ammonia, water and dish soap to rub off all paint on the dash. It came off like black tar, then I purchased black vinyl paint from Duplo and used an adhesion primer to re-paint entire dash. I did not apply any clear coat finish. The final finish matched the other black pieces in the interior perfectly. All in all I spent weekend removing parts and that week painting parts in the evening and reinstalled parts the next weekend. Removing air bag, instrument panel and lowering steering column and radio were not fun but well worth the final results.
By on 11/1/11 | Benton Harbor, MI
I have a 2003 is300. My wife talked me out of a Cooper S and I'm happy she did, cause this car is great!
By on 4/20/10 | St. Paul, MN
IS300 SportDesign. Love the car, great engine, very quiet with lots of spunk. It will keep up with my SL500 up until about 90mph. Great body style and attention grabbing wheels (13 spoke). It handles very will with the SportDesign suspension, much better than the non-SportDesign models. Almost as good as my Porsch 968 and definitely faster.

Passenger side dash airbag cover is fading even though it is garaged and spends very little time in the sun.

Heat/AC temp varies about 3-4 degrees before coming on.

Replaced front strut at 25K miles, and is making the same noise again at 65K.

By on 8/11/09 | Santa Barbara, CA
Great driving car with nimble handling and an incredibly smooth engine and transmission. Not as luxurious or roomy on the inside as higher end lexus vehicles, but overall a great car for those who appreciate good handling and fun driving.