1998 Lexus GS400 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1998 Lexus GS400 owners like you.

1998 Lexus GS400 (6 Reviews)
Overall
1998 LEXUS GS400
240,000 still running strong. Replaced auto transmission due to bad input shaft seal leak, but wouldn't drive anything else! The luxuries of this car for a '98 are so amazing! Recommend this car to everyone!
1998 LEXUS GS400
My '99 GS400 is now 15 years old with 210,000 miles with nary a problem. Reliable, fast, and smooth. Other than normal maintenance it has never had an issue. A friend has an '01 LX470 (same motor) with 300,000 miles and I plan on getting at least that much out of mine. I have no plans on ever selling it. Fantastic car!
1998 LEXUS GS400
I am a sales associate at a pre-owned car dealership that sells all makes & models. I am extremely happy with my 1998 gs400, it has 150k mls. now & engine purrs like a kitten, or I can also make it sound like a tiger depending how I'm driving. Very good gas milage for a V8, I am convinced it's simply one of the very best cars ever made & it still looks better than most new sport sedans made today.
1998 LEXUS GS400
My GS400 now has 128K miles & it still looks fantastic & runs like a scared rabbit! Still getting 20-25MPG from 300HP motor is the best. I just upgraded the tail lights w LED lights & it looks like a 2012 model. I also upgraded to slotted rotors & now run ceramic brake pads & this car stops w the best.
Make sure you change the timing belt/water pump each 100K & the
GS 400 can easily go 300-400K miles without many repairs, so if you find one w 100+ K miles that was well maintained you can generally buy w confidence.
- Koby St Louis, MO
1998 LEXUS GS400
This is one of the nicest cars I have ever owned, however, the steering is so quick, the new tires "Mchelin's" makes it hard to stay in a straight line, this type of tire was not a good idea. I was told, after i bought them, that the side walls are too soft, which makes them wonder. "GO FUGURE"
1998 LEXUS GS400
I have 140,000 miles on my 1998 GS 400 and have experienced almost zero problems. The digital display on my radio has now disappeared and it seems to eat through Z rated tires fairly quickly. I keep wanting to look at a new car but this one has been great. Happy and scared that I may get 250,000 miles out of this one.