2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee owners like you.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 9/19/11 | Dallas, GA
At 70k,rear end started squealing.I removed rear axles,as sound appeared to come from rt.axle.Found axle bearings to be fine,but pinion bearing felt somewhat rough.Removed driveshaft in order to remove pinion,and found both u-joints were binding.After going to two Jeep dealers and a few parts stores,it was evident that I would have to pay $1200 for a driveshaft assy with the joints installed by factory.A driveshaft builder told me that he couldn`t buy after-market joints that would fit my yokes,otherwise he could use my shaft or build a new one.I reinstalled the driveshaft and traded the car.I`m sure the squeal cost me about $900 on the trade-in allowance.No more Chrysler products for me.
By on 8/17/10 | Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I've had my Cherokee for four years now and I've put on 123,000 miles. Just recently the front brake calipers siezed and had to be replaced. The air conditioning is acting up....apperently the door that controls the amount of outside air coming into the sytem has failed open. I have the same slow start issue others have noted. I've heard that this is caused by a sensor which will not allow the transmission to engage untill the transmission fluid has completely circutlated. 4WD required an expensive repari at about 70,000 miles. Oh and all for interior door handle housings have cracked or completely borken out. Great care with too many maintenance issue to consider buying another one.
By on 8/7/10 | Metamora, IL
Love the ride, looks great, and good suspension. Exhaust manifold bolt broke, replaced manifold bolt & gasket- $365. Brakes pads and rotors turned @ 35k miles. Transmission-delayed engagement after extended shutdown. Had trans flushed & cooler flt replaced. Still does the same. 3.8L V-8 has good power. A/C works well. Overall, love it, but transmission scares me
By on 6/25/10 | Cardwell, MO
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I love the interior design of my Overland. However, I only have 63,000 miles on it and the service 4 wheel drive system warning light is on, the passenger side AC blows hot air when the AC is on, and my rear passenger side breaks are rubbing. I have had a 2 inch block lift kit installed, bigger tires and rims, and a cargo rack on top, definitely a head turner! Not to mention the raw power of the Hemi and the terrain shredding ability of the constant 4x4.
By on 4/11/09 | Sheffield Lake, OH
I love this Jeep. It is fun to drive and rides better than a Cadillac.
The 3.7 engine is a bit noisy and lackluster, but adaquate. It gets the looks, too..
By on 12/10/08 | San Francisco, CA
I really like the styling of this car/jeep, it's too bad everyone I know who has one is always at the repair shop. If this was a reliable car, and I didn't have to keep up the repairs and maintenance on it like a Jaguar, I'd get one in a heartbeat. It's an SUV without the bulk and size -- and the V8 has a lot of kick. The interior on the Grand Cherokee is quite nice also.