2005 Jaguar X-Type Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Jaguar X-Type owners like you.

2005 Jaguar X-Type Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Jaguar X-Type. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 1/21/13 | East Bridgewater, MA
If you really really really hate someone, recommend a Jag to them. This car is the worst for the money ever slapped together. I would like to slap the queen for allowing such a piece of crap to be built in her beloved country.

Engine went at 65,000. The car burns a quart of oil every 1,000 miles. This was my fault for not checking the oil. Sorry I never expected a car with 65,000 to burn a quart every 1,000. The manufacturer recommends oil change every 10,000, so I guess your supposed to know that you'll burn 10 quarts between changes.
The heap also has constant electrical problems, too many headlites to count. Heating problems over and over. Get this, the trunk wouldn't open, better still it doesn't have a key hole or and emergency release. Six hundred dollars later the mechanic got it to work. the interior roof was cut wrong so the moonroof trim hangs low. doors wouldn't open so when jag fixed the door panel now hangs off. Dealer work is horrible. Many mechanics won't work on them because they are so difficult. Please don't buy one, believe me they run great for the first 50,000 then go to pieces.
By on 7/9/12 | Plano, TX
I believe that the previous reviews I read is certainly an exaggeration. I am driving a 2005 JAGUAR X-TYPE. Bought it used at 64000 miles. Now at 80000 + I am starting to see more problems...Cracked brake booster tube is one such problem. Since one month after I bought the car, I noticed an electrical problem. Headlight on passenger side goes out within a few weeks after replacing with brand new. Also my speedometer registers 110 when I am stopped. Now are you still bragging about your 2005?
By on 10/18/11 | Alexandria, VA
my white 2005 x-type jaguar is the best vehicle i have driven and owned! i am grateful for it because DRIVING it brings my daily life SO MUCH JOY!!! PRAISE ALMIGHTY GOD!
By on 10/18/11 | Alexandria, VA
this is the best car i've owned as well as driven. a truly glorious experience and the highlight of my everyday is driving my champaigne colored 2005 x-type jaguar. :) PRAISE GOD!!!!!
By on 3/28/10 | Tecumseh, KS