2008 Infiniti QX56 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Infiniti QX56 owners like you.

2008 Infiniti QX56 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Infiniti QX56. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 3/2/14 | Fayetteville, AR
Mine required new struts. I believe the biggest noise maker and general slop inducer was worn out sleeves that go onto the top of the strut rod. Before replacing the struts and these small, round sleeves/bearings that the tops of the struts go through, I had a lot of noise and generally goofy action in the front end when going through potholes and uneven/rippled pavement. $900 fix, but it did fix it. My truck had 95k miles on it at the time of repair.
By on 6/7/13 | Denham Springs, LA
My Infiniti QX56 gives me problems when driving over potholes, bumps, uneven roadways -- the steering wheel pulls to the right or just shakes out of my hands. I've taken it to the dealership 3 times for this problem and they cannot seem to figure out what's wrong. They told me that it was b/c I did not have enough air in my tires (first visit)-- WRONG; front end needed aligning (second visit) -- WRONG; needed Michelin tires b/c that's what the manufacturer recommends (third visit) (I had 4 new MICHELIN tires, new front brakes, new struts totaling $2,500) -- WRONG! What now??????
By on 3/13/12 | El Paso, TX
I purchased a 2006 QX56 and loved it; however I had a lot of problems with the vehicle to include a bad transmission, cracked front and rear differential housings, one cracked exhaust manifold and ongoing electrical issues. after talking with the dealer I decided I would upgrade to a 2008 model and just consider the first vehicle a "lemon". The 2008 model I purchased was a little nicer than the 2005, with better technology and for the most part it has been a much better vehicle from a repair standpoint. The main problem that remained was the cracked exhaust manifold; BOTH sides cracked about 12,000 after the warranty ran out. When I was told what the problem was causing the "noise" I asked "isn't this unusual" and the answer from the service agent and the mechanic was "no, this happens to all the QX's; the manifolds are made out of stainless steel and the heating and cooling causes them to crack!" Then I asked why this would not be considered a manufacturer's problem and I was told "it just isn't; you are out of warranty and its YOUR problem!" they wanted $2,800 to fix the two manifolds, which I declined. Instead I decided that I would ask Infiniti WHY THEY ARE NOT FIXING an OBVIOUS DEFECT? How can they expect to keep customers loyal to their brand if they are not going to back up their product? I LOVE THIS VEHICLE but if Infiniti is not going to back up their product, then I will never buy another one and I will make it my mission in life to take away as many future customers as possible. I recommend you buy this vehicle IF you can talk your dealer into GIVEING you an extended warranty that exceeds 100,000 miles