2004 Hyundai Tiburon Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2004 Hyundai Tiburon owners like you.

2004 Hyundai Tiburon Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2004 Hyundai Tiburon. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 4/26/14 | Mendenhall, MS
I'm the second owner of my 2004 Hyundai Tiburon I love it, it's been a good reliable car, it is a GT 2.7 v6 it's got 117 thousand miles on it, the timing belt hasn't been replaced yet should of been done at 60 thousand, I decided pushing my luck not having it done yet. So I'm going to take it to my local shop on Monday to have it done, I bought the tires their and they did the brakes and tune up on it, the first step is to find a shop you can trust and don't be afraid to ask questions, and do some checking on the repair yourself for information, the mechanic their recommends doing a timing belt kit, that's includes belt idler pulley belt tensioner and water pump, he explained to me why it made since to me, I also check it out on line I agree even more now, it's goanna be a bigger repair bill, but I plan on keeping the car so it makes since, the labor is more of course but the biggest increase in price is the extra parts, but the same amount of work has to be done to do the water pump as well as the idler pulley and belt tensioner, so if you just do the belt and the water pump goes out in 2 months, your fault and you pay the labor all over again, hope this helps.
By on 12/19/13 | Brainerd, MN
Bought my 2004 Tiburon new. It had a "Phantom" noise in the back for the first few years, but then it went away. The car has been great. The headlights suck on it. I tried better bulbs and cleaning the covers, but nothing helped. I moved to rural MN and felt like I was driving blind. Oh, the tires suck too. They are a sports car type of tire so don't try to drive in snow with them. I had to buy new tires when I moved to MN. Actually, this car really has no business being in MN. LOL. Mine eats tires and lightbulbs. Not sure why. I'm getting HID bulbs put in this week. It is fun to drive. Slow...like really slow...like I have to turn off my A/C to pass someone. I get a lot of compliments because it's so sharp looking.
By on 3/25/10 | Oroville, CA
I think I got the lemon on the lot. I bought it used, and have had it in the shop for major repairs every other month. By major, I mean timing belt and water pump, body control module, besides the usual maint. like new tires (within three months). They charged me high retail, and used alot of double talk. Very disappointed in the dealership, the car, and myself for buying it on an impulse because it was cute. That came with a price, too, my car insurance doubled! It's as much as my payment. Add the repairs, and you get one of the dumbest things I've ever done, was to buy the tiberon.