2002 Hyundai Sonata Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2002 Hyundai Sonata owners like you.

2002 Hyundai Sonata Ratings Overview
7 car owners like you reviewed their 2002 Hyundai Sonata. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 9/16/12 | Amanda, OH
I bought my 2002 Hyundai Sonata 2.7L V6 brand new in Dec. 2001. Just replaced the timing belt on it for the first time today with 212,000 miles. When checked 80k miles ago was told it looked good and they wouldn't mess with it. Have never had a major issue with this car. The alternator had to be replaced at 195,000 miles (original to the car), and power steering line at over 190,000 miles. Other than that just plugs/wires, oil changes, a battery, brakes and tires. Glad to read others have gone over 300k. I hope mine continues to do this well.
By on 11/21/11 | Middlebury, CT
I have a 2002 Hyundai Sonata 2.7 V6 that I bought new and have 319,000 miles on it. It starts every day, replaced the radiator, alternator, ac pump and about 5 batteries, numerous tires and brakes but that's it. This is the best car I ever owned, will only buy Hyundai from now on. My wife has a 2004 Santa FE 4x4, 2.7 V6 with 135,000, just but brakes on it yesterday, also runs great.
By on 7/16/10 | Raymond, ME
I love this car. Cofortable, reliable, low maintenance and I have 185,000 miles on it. Only slight down sides are that it has needed more front end alignments than most of my other vehicles and at one point it went through alot of rear break work. I understand that some of the newer modles have better gas milage but I plan on driving it for as long as possible. Its a great car
By on 4/11/10 | Shamokin, PA
I've had this car longer (5 yrs) than any other, and I plan on letting it nickel & dime me for another 5 years, instead of a new car payment. It's that good. It's smooth, quick, comfy, and has a plethora of extras. At least my GLS does, such as intermittent wipers that slow down automatically when you stop, sunroof that closes when car turns off, and doors that won't lock when you have the keys in the ignition. 115,000 miles and put only $500 into it; alternator, wheel bearings, and a brake caliper, all in the last 15,000 miles. It certainly stands up to it's warranty.
By on 1/26/10 | Westland, MI
I purchased my car in 2003, it's been rolling ever since. 128,000 miles on it and it still looks good and I look good in it.
By on 11/1/09 | Westminster, MD
I purchased a Sonata brand new in 2002. It has been the best car I have ever had. It has 174,000 miles on it and I am just now going to have the timing belt changed for the first time. It has never given me any problems and I have just done the usual maintenace on it likes brakes, tires and oil changes. My only complaint is that the headlights have the milky coating on it from the sunlight.
By on 10/12/09 | Irving, TX
I have owned this vehicle (V6) since 2002 and very happy with it.