2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe owners like you.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 11/4/15 | Pittsburgh, PA
Excellent
I am disappointed with the 2013 Santa Fe with the life of the rotors and pads so far as I know just the front end. I noticed a low growling sound when I would apply the brakes at speeds over 35 MPH so I took it to my mechanic iv'e been with and trust for 18 years, and he tells me that my front rotors and pads need replaced. The issue I have is there is only 20,000 miles on my car. I took it to the dealer and they said that no way are my rotors shot that whoever said this was trying to make money on me. When I told them how long I had been with this mechanic and that he had taken the time to show me the specs for the rotors in the book and then showed me the measurement on the rotors he said that there must have been a defect in the rotor material for them to fail so I said so this will be covered under Hyundais wonderful warranty and he said, of no, brakes fall under normal wear and tear. I said didn't you just contradict what you just said before when you told me there must be a defect in the material of the rotors so that would not be normal wear and tear and he said, without looking up from his screen, sorry but it falls under normal wear and tear. Obviously I can't wait to fight hyundai over the issue because they need done yesterday, but I am going to take it up with the Manager and if he says it's not covered then I will open a complaint with Hyundai Corporate. I should have just kept my 2010 Santa Fe but with the body and interior restyling I couldn't resist. Live and learn
By on 12/29/14 | Saratoga Springs, UT
Excellent
Not sure if I'm just unlucky. I am at the dealership right now getting yet another (about the 5th time!) engine warning light checked out.

Has anybody else had issues with the check engine light coming on? Seems to come on about every 2 months. One time, they said the gas we were using had too much ethanol in it, even though we were putting premium gas in the car.

I am fortunate that the car is still under warranty (25K miles on it), so most of these checkouts have been little or no cost to me. But I am worried about this being a maintenance nightmare once the car is out of warranty.

I purchased the car on a 3 year lease that will be up June 2016. Right now, I am thinking of dumping the car when the lease runs out, but I just read a lot of reviews from Santa Fe owners of earlier model years saying the car is reliable and great.

Please help advise me on whether I should purchase the car after the lease is up or walk away. Does the Santa Fe have a higher than usual repair record compared to other cars in its class?

I am happy with everything on the car besides the engine. But since the engine is a critical part of the car, nothing else matters if the engine is going to be throwing alerts on a regular basis.
By on 2/19/13 | Clinton, IA