2011 Hyundai Accent Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2011 Hyundai Accent owners like you.

2011 Hyundai Accent Ratings Overview
9 car owners like you reviewed their 2011 Hyundai Accent. The average rating is a 2.5 out of 5.
By on 10/6/17 | Madison, WI
Excellent
I bought my car in 2013 with 22,000 miles on it. 2011 Hyundai Accent 2dr hatchback. Worked great until all four engine coils went. 1st was at 24,000 miles, 2nd at 28,000, 3rd at 35,000 and 4th at 87,000. I have spent so much money replacing, loaning cars, paying tow trucks, using roadside assistance and nothing has been covered under the warranty they said would cover me until 50,000 and 100,000 for the powertrain. I have had nothing but problems and issues with this car for the last three years. Super disappointed and ZERO accountability. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM HYUNDAI AGAIN.. like it matters to them anyway.
By on 9/14/15 | Cincinnati, OH
Excellent
I purchased my '11 Accent new, from the dealership, in October 2010. In the almost-five years (and 68,000 miles) that I've owned this car, I've had the fuel pump and charcoal canister replaced (under warranty, at about 20K miles), and the ignition coil has gone out five times. Most recently, the ignition coil went *again* after being replaced four thousand miles ago. This time, it was while I was seven hundred miles from home! I'm glad I had the foresight to pack spark plugs and my socket wrench set, because I didn't fancy finding a reputable shop or limping home on three cylinders to my mechanic.

Otherwise, this is a great car for the price. It's perfect for one- or two-person road trips! I usually average 40-something mpg on the highway, so it can go a while before you need to stop for gas. The trunk is big enough to fit suitcases or coolers. The suspension is pretty stiff, so you'll feel every bump and pothole you go over, but it turns on a dime. It's a very light car, so it tends to skim over ice in the winter; I recommend putting a bag or two of salt (sand, cat litter, whatever) in the trunk to help weigh it down a smidge. The heat and AC work quickly at adjusting the temp to what you need!

There are big enough gaps in the plastic interior, so it rattles in several places just driving down the road. It's a rather loud car in general, even when you're inside of it. Honestly, it's louder than it has any right to be, since it's only got 110 hp. Speaking of 110 hp, this car does *not* like going uphill, and it complains a lot when driving in the mountains.

It's a reliable car in that it's usually just the same thing breaking over and over again, and it's a very easy (and cheap!) fix. Just don't leave town without some spark plugs and socket wrenches, and you're fine.

My fiancé wants me to add that this car isn't really built for anyone taller than six feet. I'm 5'4", and I fit just fine in this car. He's 6'6", and has to fold himself into and out of the car. Even with the seat all the way back, his knees rest against the interior on either side of the glove compartment (or on either side below the steering wheel, if he's driving). It's still more spacious than it looks, though!
By on 8/20/15 | Temecula, CA
Excellent
I'm just replying to those with coil replacement problem. Watch this tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWnHgrhTho the job is DYI and no more than 5 mins a coil. All you need is 10 mm sock and wrench and new coil from ebay/amazon. Don't waste your money on dealers
By on 3/16/15 | Lakeville, MN
Excellent
I bought used with about 40,000 mi. I know you're all having coil trouble and you keep paying for coil replacement. I have what sounds like the same trouble about every 4000-8000 miles. I've just been changing the plugs and that seems to do the trick. There must be a deeper problem that's causing the issue. If anyone knows more, please let me know. The only other problem is that the spring to help the gasoline door to pop open when you pull the lever is missing so sometimes it won't open unless you help it. I do everything I can to get good fuel mileage. In the cold Minnesota winter, I get from 25-30 mpg. In the summer, I get about 27-36.
By on 1/5/15 | Rockmart, GA
Excellent
Have had coil problems on this 2011 Hyundai Accent every since I got it. There needs to be a recall on these with all these reviews on coil problems.Shame on you hyundai I will never purchase anything from them again and will advice others not to as well.
By on 6/27/14 | Warsaw, IN
Excellent
Bought a 2011 Accent brand new and have had to get coil changed 3 times now. I will never buy a Hyundai again this is costing me a fortune. I did all preventive maintenance and paid over $600 this month just in that. Of course the coils keep failing repeatedly after my warranty is up, and i have to pay $160 every time. I believe it is time to go back to Chevy
By on 5/5/14 | Alhambra, CA
Excellent
Since I bought this car I have had issues with the same thing this is my 5 th time with the same problem. The ignition coils have failed. All 4 of them have been replaced and this 5th time 2 broke and my car is no longer under warranty and the dealer is trying to charge $450 to replace the 2 ignition coils. I hate this care what a mistake buying this car and sad thing is I am still paying monthly for it.
By on 3/24/14 | Columbia City, IN
Excellent
I also have had the same issue with the coil packs/ignition coil. Have had to replace now going on the 3rd time and of course no warranty. Also the Fort Wayne Hyundai Happy Car Store Service Department is a horrible place to go, I will not buy another one.
By on 1/5/13 | Hixson, TN
Excellent
The 2011 Accent we purchased has had to be taken for service three times for engine coil failures in the past six months. My advice is to pass up any used 2011 Accents.