2005 Honda CR-V Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Honda CR-V owners like you.

2005 Honda CR-V Ratings Overview
7 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Honda CR-V. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 5/14/15 | Harrisville, MS
Bought this brand new in 05 and have loved it with 220000 miles on it,it just keeps going I'm definitely going to look at the 2015-2016 models.
By on 6/22/14 | Seattle, WA
As of June 22nd 2014, and nearly 100,000 miles, my Honda started to show some signs of needing "TLC" to hopefully keep it going another 100,000 miles. The minor thing being a bad ground connection made my left turn signal act "possessed" since the circuit was trying to find a good ground. A bypass of the bad connection did the trick. The most major work that the CRV had, were alignments were so much out of spec, that a mechanic offered to add adjustable shims/camber/toe kits to bring the wheels into alignment. My tires were showing wear/tear indicating a severely negative camber. I decided to take the car to an actual Honda Dealership Mechanic for further consultation. It turns out that the aftermarket kits are just a short term "bandaid" so sorts that will get your wheels aligned, but doesn't address the real underlying issue of a worn out suspension. True, over the years I've used my Honda more like a truck,hauling bags of gravel, retaining wall brick etc, which probably should have been done with a regular truck. I decided to go for the more comprehensive option of replacing my springs/struts, which brought everything back into perfect alignment. The rear suspension job set me back over $2,000 but this car has served me well since I bought it new...so I didn't mind the expense. Now, time to shop for a new set of tires! I'd recommend Honda products...and will consider it in my shopping for my next car in the future.
By on 6/8/13 | Hammond, IN
bad electrical problem. dealer won't fix. says can run up to $3000.00 to get problem fixed. fuse to interior lights and rear wipers keeps blowing. so no interior lights or rear wipers working.
By on 5/6/12 | Houston, TX
I have a CRV 2005 EX, manual transmission. I feel it is a good vehicle so far. i dont have it for much time yet. in general i would say it is a ok vehicle. i have to say that i do preventive work. i dont wait to the last minute or until it brakes down to fix problems. it is good to change maybe before your manual calls for service
By on 8/30/10 | Mililani, HI
The car runs great. We have had no problems with it at all. The only issue that I ever had with the CRV is that it is noisy when it gets up and over 55 mph.
By on 7/25/09 | Commack, NY
Do not buy this car if you like going back to the dealer all the time. I am very dissappointed in buying this vehicle, since I got it, I had to return to the dealer about the leaking tranny and got a remanufactured tranny. The dealer fix it but I got a rebuild tranny. Brand new car with a rebuild part. Then last week the water pump made funny noises and I had to get it fix. You know how much is a water pump about 400 bucks not including labor (100/hr). Thank God! I got the extended warranty after the remanufactured tranny was installed. I had to argued with the Honda customer service manager for a week before she finally gave me the 7 yrs warranty. I was ready to go to BBB, till she offer me the warranty. Very dissappointed. Come on This a Honda. What kind of car are they building here? So what is the next part going to B R E A K ? I am not going to buy another HONDA CRV. My next car is going to be a TOYOTA RAV4.
By on 7/10/09 | Newport Beach, CA