2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 owners like you.

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 GMC Sierra 1500. The average rating is a 5.0 out of 5.
By on 6/18/16 | Murrieta, CA
I bought my 2001 Sierra PU new in Nov. 2000. It's now June 18, 2016 - 317,000+ miles later on original motor.

Notes:

1. Replaced radiator at 293,000+ miles.
2. Replaced transmission at 238,000 miles
3. Replaced alternator at around 275,000 miles.
4. Fuel pump - worst part on the truck. I've replaced 4 times at least, almost $700 a pop. It's in a funky location so it's the labor of getting that sucker apart that's expensive.
5. Rear differential has gone out twice. Once at 6,000 miles (under warranty) and then at approx 230,000 miles (big bucks)
6. ABS system busted around 80,000 miles.
7. AC system is the bomb. Best AC in all of my vehicles.
8. Passenger side window motor broke at 305,000 miles. The door locks are getting iffy. The interior is absolutely intact. Except for a he leather steering wheel that is now coming apart. No holes in the cloth seats.

I have towed: boats, jet skis, horse trailers. Fully loaded. I have hauled furniture, hay, rocks, dirt, Christmas trees, landscaping stuff, you name it. It has been to about 10 western states. A lot. Not one problem on any trip.

Bottom line is that most major issues lasted well after 240,000 miles.

Other than that - oil changes, changing of filters and fluids, and overall basic care of this baby has kept it going. It's just some overall cosmetics that need addressing.

#chevygirl #neverford #neverdodge
By on 8/26/10 | Phoenix, AZ
Love my truck. Bought it new. No problems and we have 130,000 miles on it. I have driven it from West to east coast not problems. I have no reason not to keep it.
By on 4/14/09 | Wasilla, AK
I bought this truck brand new in October 2000. It still runs great, especially in the winter. The AutoTrac system is totally awesome for winter driving. Even with 58k miles it still drives great. The only issues I've had is the fuel pump needed replacement and the right rear rotor needed to be turned right after I bought it.