2006 GMC Envoy Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2006 GMC Envoy owners like you.

2006 GMC Envoy Ratings Overview
9 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 GMC Envoy. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 8/16/14 | Grant City, MO
Love this vehicle. We purchased used with 32,000 miles. At 50,000 we had it back to our dealer for work, but do not recall what was repaired. 177, 000 miles now and still going. Have done most past warranty repairs in our shop, which required the purchase of some tools we did not have. At about 100,000 miles we replaced the throttle body assembly. At about 150,000 we replaced plugs and plug wires, and both front CV joints. The door panels and lower seat panels have plastic clips. Wish the clips were metal. On the drivers side, where use is heaviest these clips broke after about 50, 000 miles. We used JB Weld to do our own repair to the clips and have not had any problems since.
By on 7/18/14 | Lake City, FL
I've had mine for six years and have loved it for six years. I drive it like i stole it and have not had any issues. However, i am now discovering that if you would like to save money by replacing parts yourself get ready to add several specialty tools to your toolbox. So far everything i have replaced has required a special tool.
By on 6/2/13 | White River Junction, VT
I bought my GMC envoy new in 2006 and now has 160k on it. it has had a couple ove minor problems like wheel bearings at 80k always by the timkin ones as they last longer.and the stablility control is intermitent but the problem with that is the stearing sensor not wheel sensors. yes abs wheel sensors are tied in with the stablity control system. other then that I will keep this car untill it wears out. I still does not burn oil . drive train is great it can hall my 30' camper with no issues.still the origanal exhaust. and no body isues as I live in the north east where they use salt on the roads. do Oil changes and lub on time with synthetic oil,and this car will last at least 10 years. and on trips I can get 25mpg out of the car.
By on 4/18/12 | Astoria, NY
I have a 2006 envoy so far the fuel level sensor had to be replaced (32800 miles) cost me 527.00$ GMC dealer. 4000 miles later it failed again, replaced n/c. ( now they offer me half the cost ) Air cond. leaks (can't find). Rear hatch struts leaking, front struts leaking. The car has 41000 miles and I do not abuse it, always owned a chevy or GMC vehicle, going sell it before any thing else fails. WILL NOT BUY GMC AGAIN. They treat their loyal customers badly.
By on 10/26/11 | Chico, CA
2006 GMC ENVOY DENALI...LOVE THE LOOK OF THIS SUV! BUT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE WORKED ON! CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN COMING ON FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS! REPLACED THE 02 SENSORS WITH GENERIC BUT APPARENTLY IT WILL ONLY ACCEPT THE FACTORY ONES, THE WATER PUMP HAS BEEN REPLACED, LIGHTS, AND NOW THE STABILTRAC IS GOING BAD! ALWAYS SOMETHING! PAID ALOT OF $ FOR THIS VEHICLE! WILL BE SELLING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
By on 8/8/11 | Haddon Township, NJ
never again to buy any american vehicle,traded in my gmc envoy with a 2011 toyota venza
By on 5/10/11 | Bonaire, GA
I absolutly love this truck, once I figured out how to bang the tell pipe without burning my junk, I was hooked!!!!! (Incase you have not figured out how yet)
Step 1 Turn off ignition!
Step 2 Allow Vehicle to cool for approx 2hrs (Depending on the year of the truck)
Step 3 Grab poultry themamatore for drawer check temp
Step 4 If temps are to high go back to step 2 if not proceed to step 5
Step 5 Put your favorite love making music in the CD player and bang away!!!!

Enjoy!!!
By on 8/14/10 | Springfield, MA
This truck drives ok, but so many problems. The exhaust, cat converter, back up light housung, fuel gauge sensor, brakes (rotors), wheel bearing and stabiatrack. all befroe or around 4 years old. never again by a gmc procuct.
By on 10/21/09 | Country Club Hills, IL
2006 Envoy just clipped 70k. Love this truck & will drive it as long as it last. Fuel gauge failed while under warranty. Just had to replace front right wheel bearing that was most likely from my driving. Two dealers had a price difference of $200, so I just ordered one online and replaced myself, easier than changing brakes and saved myself a bundle of cash. I love this truck. The one thing GM got right was there truck lineup.