2004 GMC Envoy Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2004 GMC Envoy owners like you.

2004 GMC Envoy Ratings Overview
7 car owners like you reviewed their 2004 GMC Envoy. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 5/21/14 | Vandalia, IL
This car is the worst problem I have ever had. I would never recommend this car to anyone. The car always has something wrong with it. They even know my car already when I go in the parts store. I think that speaks for itself. I completely understand normal maintenance but this car goes way beyond normal maintenance.
By on 11/2/11 | Washington Court House, OH
Over 144,000 miles on this Envoy. Have replaced brakes, shocks and struts, tires (once O/E Michelins went over 124,000 miles, kept them rotated and at a constant 36 psi) Other than a few odds and ends has been a very good vehicle. Bought it new and planning on keeping it for a while.
By on 5/8/11 | Plainfield, IL
This has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced all exterior lights at least twice. That's not even then biggest problem. I haven't been able to pass emissions testing! The check engine light came on, of course shortly before testing. I replaced the oxygen sensors in accordance with the codes. I also replaced a leaking fuel pump. The check engine light was back on in a day. No one can figure out what it is. This week we'll try checking the secondary air injection system since a friend with the same vehicle and same problems said this was the answer. Also, the car dies randomly. Thankfully it always starts again, but come on!! Sometimes the rpm's drop when I stop and then they surge and I'd better have my foot firmly on the brakes!! Again, I cannot emphasize enough what a horrible car this is. I will never own a GMC product again. Incidentally, I e-mailed GMC with my problem and was ignored.
By on 7/20/10 | Spring, TX
sI one of most trouble-free car I had!!!
By on 3/5/10 | Houston, TX

This has been one of the most trouble free vehicles we have ever owned. The I6 has good power and throttle response. The gas mileage is less than ideal, but hey its an SUV. The only thing that has gone wrong in 75,000 miles is the heater/AC fan switch quit working on some settings, and had to be replaced. The radio ate a CD back while it was under warrantee. GM replaced the radio free. So, over 75,000 miles I maybe spent about $100 above and beyond what is considered "normal maintenance". Not a bad value. I like the interior too. After 6 years, we want to keep it for 6 more!
By on 12/17/09 | Fort Wayne, IN
Great truck!
By on 10/6/09 | Centreville, VA
Best highway car/truck I ever owned, great on long trips and holds road when semis whiz past. Small problems like leaky A/C (condensation) and mediocre gas mileage bring it down a notch or two.