2003 Ford Windstar Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2003 Ford Windstar owners like you.

2003 Ford Windstar Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2003 Ford Windstar. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 11/26/12 | Hagerstown, MD
I purchased a 2003 Ford Windstar van that had 30,000 miles on it. I've rep[laced the transmission twice, rearview mirrors malfunctioned at 50,000 miles, ABS brake lights stay on. I have now 151,000 miles. needs now inner and outer tie rods,outer axel bootrepair,intake gasket repair. It is a nice riding vehicle, but upkeep is too expemsive and I'd give it a 3 star rating at best.
By on 9/24/11 | Jacksonville, FL
I have a 2003 ford windstar van.I have a problem at red lights.The van revs up to the point that if I really didnot mash on the break I would be affaid that I would hit the car in front of me.What canI do?And what is wrong?
By on 10/12/10 | Shelton, WA
We purchased our '03 Windstar SEL new from a local WA dealer. This is our second Windstar, I would buy another one if they still made that model. It has been one of the best vehicles we've ever owned, we now have 140K miles on the original everything. Just replaced the alternator. I have one of the best automotive shops in the area that takes care my vehicle as if it were his own. Periodic maintenance is the key. If I feel there's a problem the Windstar goes to the shop. I plan on driving this vehicle to 200K+ It's the auto industry that has conditioned the buying public that they have to buy a new vehicle every 40-50K miles.
By on 9/8/10 | Conroe, TX
I bought this van new and have driven it over 200,000 miles. To date I have only had to replace the plugs & wires, install a rebuilt AC compressor and, recently, replaced both front door window motors. I have noted the information dash window being difficult to see with varying degrees of light lately. All in all a very dependable and comfortable vehicle.
By on 11/19/09 | Ashland, KY
I have a spark knock problen with this car. The trouble code indicated that it was a lean on #6. I thought it was an injector but was advised that the intake seals are bad. The bolt seals from the factory that are black in color developed a vacume leak. This pulls air and oil into the intake runner resulting in a lead fuel mixture creating the spaks knock problem. Instaled the new bolt seals that are green (replacement bolt color) along with the other intake seals and fixed the problem. Took about 1.5 hour to replace.
By on 3/13/09 | Monterey, TN
Had to replace torque converter at 70,000 miles. Having a problem with brakes shutting off in cold rainy weather. ABS light and regular brake light come on, vehicle has new brakes all the way around and fluid is clean and full. Mechanic has no explanation for the problem. Driver side window quit working at 50,000 miles. Interior lights flash on and off all the time. All in all Quality was not job 1 on the Windstar.