1996 Ford Thunderbird Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1996 Ford Thunderbird owners like you.

1996 Ford Thunderbird Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 1996 Ford Thunderbird. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 8/16/11 | Athens, OH
i have a 1997 ford thunderbird but when i buy parts its gotta be for a 96 tbird. but my cars a 1997 makes no sense made a few trips to autozone with parts for a 97 and not fit .. anyways its a great car i just put brakes on it but my rotors are so messed up when im goin like 65 and i gotta make a sudden stop it shakes like u wouldnt believe .but all 4 wheels are all disc brakes is there anyway that i can put my back rotors on my front ?? does anyone know .if u can doit or not but other than that i love it i got the 4.6 V8 and i get like 28mpg.. its awesome the interior is a lil messed up but it was like that when i got it.. its the fastest on race day!!!!
By on 7/24/11 | Campbellsville, KY
I've never been a real fan of Ford until I gambled and bought my 1996 v-8....this is absolutely the best car I've ever owned, powerful, quiet, a smooth ride, and stylish good looks - the only fault I can find is the cup holders are positioned awkwardly
By on 4/21/10 | Irving, TX
I LIKE THE CAR VERY GOOD AND DEPENDABLE
By on 1/24/10 | Charlottesville, VA
These cars drive beautifully. Their handling is matched by their stylish good looks. The car seems to be well built and not so subject to rust a easily as earlier cars. Their 4 speed computer transmissions are glitch ridden. But they seem to keep going. Head gaskets can be a problem as well. But over all this car is a keeper. I took my '96 T-bird with 128,000 miles on an 8,500 mile trek across the country. It's v-6 managed to average 30 mpg loaded down.
My next car is going to be another 1990's T'bird with less miles. They really are nice cars.