1999 Ford Mustang Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Ford Mustang owners like you.

1999 Ford Mustang Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 1999 Ford Mustang. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
Value
Fuel Economy
Safety
Interior
Comfort
Performance
By on 8/3/18 | Lakeside, CA | Car Owner
I really would hate to get rid of my car - I like the interior much better than the black and grey interiors of almost all cars today, and though the paint has cracks in the hood area, I love driving my car - seems to have a lot of power, very comfortable for long trips, good gas mileage on the highway on long drives, repair rating since I bought it almost new has been great - I have kept this car well maintained, and it still doesn't use much oil, though it does have a slight oil leak - and a very slight trans leak -
Yes, I would recommend this car.
By on 10/10/12 | Greenville, MS
I PURCHASED MY MUSTANG NEW N 19999 ITS GOT OVER 300,0000 MILES AND IS STILL RUNNIN STRONG. MOST OF THE PARTS ARE ORIGNAL SUCH AS THE ENGINE, TIMING BELT WATER PUMP,RADAITOR. THE DRIVER SEAT AND THE INSIDE ROOF NEEDS WORK BUT WHERE IT COUNTS IT RUNS GREAT,I DRIVE IT EVERYDAY TO WORK ABOUT A 150 MILES A DAY COMMUTE, LATLEY I BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE IDILING,WHEN I START THE ENGINE SHE IDILING HIGH THE RPM DONT DROP BELOW 1. ONCE I GET GOING AND STOP AT A LIGHT SHE IDLING SO LOW AS IF SHE GONNA CUT OFF, AT TIMES I PUT IT N NETURAL.. ANY ANSWERS TO THIS PROBLEM'HAVE ALREADY CHANGED PLUGS AND WIRES FUEL FILTER
By on 8/6/11 | Winnsboro, TX
The only thing I really dont like is how light the rear end is, but what is up with the abs brakes? Ive had the whole brakes redone and the light is still on, why? can anyone tell me??? Ive had it from day one and it still looks good, clean body and nice style, 35th anv edition, Where can I find a cheap shop that replaces the top, it has strectched alittle (being its and 11 yr olc car) in san antonio, tx.
By on 8/11/10 | Craigsville, WV
i bought my 99 in feb of 10.super good looking car.93,000 actual.clean as a pin in and out.it gets the looks and performs great for a v6.i have ran into some problems lately in the electrical,tranny,and handling department.but then again.the roads are rough and curvy here and i do drive in conditions of harder accelerations and quick stopping.so i can't blame the car.everything wears out from use eventually.it is a fun car to drive,very cheap on gas and insurance.i recommend everyone own at least one of these in thier lifetime.next i'm moving up to an 05.i'm sure those are just as fun and then some.