2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty owners like you.

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 1/23/12 | Spring, TX
I purchased my first light duty truck in Feb 2010. It is an F350 dually, king ranch, crew cab with the 6.0L diesel. The truck looks great and runs great, now that I have put a new long block in it with ARP head studs,new head gasket, new high pressure oil pump,steering gear and did some basic maintenance items. I will admit, I pushed the engine but nothing too extreme that any well MAINTAINED diesel should have been able to take. Even after spending over $9k on the engine, I love the truck and wouldn't consider buying anything other than Ford. Especially after talking to several diesel mechanics and engine builders that said the engine is a great engine but you must keep up with the basic maintenance (fluid changes, brakes, shocks, etc). Take care of the truck and the truck will take care of you.
By on 8/3/11 | Grapevine, TX
Should have bought a Chevy. Let my wife talk me into the F-350, big mistake. There is always something broken on this truck. The 6.0 diesel is the least dependable on the road, pulls good.... when it's running. It's had close to $6k spent on the engine, auto climate control problems, wheel bearings, heated seats, the list goes on and on. Ford has gone through 4 diesel engines since 2002, I hope the 2011 works for them because my next super duty will be a heavy duty, Chevy.
By on 12/27/08 | Schenectady, NY
I bought this truck used, but it has run great. Have only had a few minor engine issues. I love to drive it, and plan to keep it for many more years.