2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty owners like you.

2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 11/14/17 | Carlsbad, CA
i have had a lot of trucks iam an electrical contractor and when I bought this truck in 2001 my brother in law told me how powerful the diesels are. I have a 2001 f-350 7.3 with a full service box and rack on it. I put in a gale banks system that gave me 720 foot pounds of torque that use to be stock at 520. I live in Carlsbad Calif. and use to go to lake mead all the time with my family and just smoke cars trucks etc. up the steep hills with no problem even towing a 28 foot boat. My truck has gone through two transmissions and a few other things but all in all its been just awesome. .. I now have 384,000 miles on it and runs very very strong. I change my oil every 3,000 miles and also fuel filter every 10,000 or sooner. Iam ready for a new truck but cant leave this one it has been so good to me. Still have original starter in it. so have a lot of friends purchase the 6.0 and EVERY ONE HAS CRAPPED OUT THEY ARE JUST THE WORST ENGINE EVER BUILT, TERRIBLE ENGINE. RATHER HAVE A MAKITA MOTER IN IT?
By on 10/18/10 | Montebello, CA
Possibly the best truck ever built. No Duramax, no Cummins can out pull this baby. In the mountains pulling 22000 lbs. 148 km/hr @23 mpg (Canadian) eats the Dodges and Duramax's pulling 6000 lbs. topping out at 135 km/hr.
Below -26 degrees Celsius no heat unless you keep your RPM over 2500 even at a red light. Brakes never touched them, I've changed the marker light's once that's it. The exhaust is on it's way out. I will have to replace in a couple of years. I've been ripped off by a Ford dealer a couple of times. Back in 2002, GM offered me $19 000 for a trade in on a new Duramax. The Duramax was $47 500. I went to Ford, Ford offered me $2500, The new Ford pickup, My Dually plus $20000 cash and $1900 per month for 3 years or, My dually plus $20000 cash and $1400 per month for 5 years. Well I think you get the picture of Ford dealers. My 2 brother's also were going to buy new Ford's, same price at 20 different dealers. A lease they wanted $10 000 down and $1500 a month. Well my brother got a new Duramax nothing down, $1150 a month. The new Fords are just cr-p.

My rocket dually, no BMW has been able to beat me yet, my 3rd gear (4spd auto) has weird shift drag/bouncing and then shift again thing in 3rd. Do know what it's really about, but I can launch from 25-75 km/hr like a missile with no RPM, just the torque. It takes the 750i's and 850i's about 500 yards to pass me. Ya they pass me at 150 km/hr-- in a 80 km zone, Duh and they cut around me two. Well retard it's a $42 500 (4) ton diesel dually, not a $250 000 Retard BMW race car.....Not sure where these 750i/850i being come from..There's been some 650i but their pretty lame. My dually can take up to 150 km/hr no problem. Unless there was something wrong with the Einstein's 2 year old 650i blowing black smoke kicking his rear pulverized by dually....
By on 9/15/10 | Statesboro, GA
This has been one of the very best trucks I have ever owned. Very strong and very reliable. Been a very easy keeper.