2004 Ford F-150 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2004 Ford F-150 owners like you.

2004 Ford F-150 Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 2004 Ford F-150. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 1/24/16 | Riverside, CA
I purchased my F150 Supercrew XLT 5.4,with tow package new on Easter Sunday 2004, it has been a good truck,used extensively for towing a toy hauler fully loaded to the desert for years,used for projects around the house ,hauling heavy loads of landscape/building materials,etc! I have not abused the truck,but I have put it to the test as it was built to do and it has not let me down. I have always done the scheduled maintenance as required by Ford, I have grown up with Ford trucks and I am on my 4th Ford truck, first F150,however,I am disappointed in the Ford Motor Company with the "spark plug" issue that has plagued so many unsuspecting consumers. I had not experienced the hardship that so many have had to deal with until I changed my spark plugs at the 100,000 mile mark, while removing the spark plugs, 2 of the 8 came out with no problem, the other 2 had a portion of the spark plug lodged in the cylinder. I rented a spark plug extractor tool from Autozone, followed the instructions and successfully removed the the remaining piece(s) of spark plug,from what I have read, I was one of the lucky few to have only had the expense of the parts and a full Saturday to get this problem handled, again,I feel for the folks that have lost wages, time with family and everyday activities while their F150 is sitting in a shop/driveway/roadside at the mercy of the Ford Motor Company.
Like most of us common folks, I can't afford to just go and buy another vehicle and take on another long term note....Ford,please restore the trust of your loyal customers and make things right!!!
Lucky one.
By on 1/7/13 | Port Saint Lucie, FL
I bot new in Sep 2003. Just sold with 141,000,mostly trouble free miles. 5.4, XLT, Super Cab, 4x4. MPG: 9-11 city, 14-15 highway. Had cab high cap entire time, installed cat back duals in 2005. Greatest truck I've ever owned or driven. Can't say enough about it.
By on 3/6/10 | Walled Lake, MI
I absolutely hate this truck, first ford i have owned (all others being Chevrolets) and i have had nothing but bad luck and mechanical failure nightmares with this piece. This truck suspension is carp my two axel flat bed trailer with two quads squat it. The TRITON V8 5.4L is a JOKE, my Vortec V6 s-10 will drag this thing around. The Interior is the cheapest yet, i am a builder and most of my time is spent getting in and out of my vehicles and the trucks seat are hard and the cloth covering them are GARBAGE. I will NEVER i mean NEVER buy another F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead again.
By on 2/3/10 | Vancouver, WA
This has been a very comfortable and quiet vehicle. It does eat brakes & rotors fast but it is very heavy and well built so worth it over the long haul.
By on 4/10/09 | Salina, KS
I bought the truck to pull our 21ft camper. And, yes it does a great job. I recently found out after the warranty expiried, there was a design fault in the brake rotors. They get hot and warp, causing braking hazard. Replacement cost $860.00! ouch