1990 Ford F-150 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1990 Ford F-150 owners like you.

1990 Ford F-150 Ratings Overview
5 car owners like you reviewed their 1990 Ford F-150. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 1/28/15 | Perris, CA
This is my 1st Ford and my 1st used truck. I really like the truck. Its 25 years old and like everything else, things wear out. Im impressed how solid this little is truck. I have the 5.0L with the long base and I really like. The fact that I can work on it is great, now adays just about everything requires the need of a computer and Im a hands on type of guy. My problems seem to revolve around the fuel and tank assemblies. However, I look at this as challenge and enjoy finding and fixing stuff like this. I have no real complaints.
By on 3/10/11 | Evansville, WI
This is a great, solid truck. I have the 5.8 liter engine and it has 136000 miles and still runs strong as an ox. This has a solid suspension and steering, and have been on numerous off-road ventures and havent had a problem with it yet. It has great heating and the coldest air around. The only problem is due to the vents running on a vaccum system, it breaks easily and all i have is the defrosters and the floor vents, but its more than enough because it heats up and cools off so fast.
By on 1/14/11 | Jefferson, NC
all around great truck, very depenable, its a 88 model 4x4 w/189k on it the only issue i have is valve slap on the #7 or 8 cyl, or both for that matter, it so loud it sounds like a desile at idel but other then that its a awesome truck :) and a beast in the snow for it being a long wheelbase and a/t tires but those michilen have lasted me 6+years bought it used and they were on it
By on 10/4/10 | Chana, IL
I have a 1990 Ford F 1thrifty. I've always been a chevy driver, but this year I needed a beater to get to work. It's 2 wheel drive, the blower motor doesn't work along with the a/c. I have replaced a few small things... ignition lock cylinder, fuel pump relay, spark plugs, cap and wires. Now the truck is very nimble, don't get me wrong. She runs great now. This 4.9L 300ci inline 6 is a torquey SOB. I like it. It's also a five speed trans. but it's done well enough for me. it is 20 years old and still runnin strong with 124K miles. I do like my chevy's better though.
By on 6/18/10 | Bensalem, PA
Bought Brand New - at 20 years is starting to rust but every thing still works perfectly - ice cold a/c (people with new trucks think something is wrong with theirs after feeling how cold mine is), all powers (locks & windows), cruse control, dual tanks - all still works perfectly. Had to replace radio 10 years ago but one from a newer mustang fit right in & was pretty cheap too!