1998 Ford Explorer Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1998 Ford Explorer owners like you.

1998 Ford Explorer (5 Reviews)
Overall
I was told I need to replace the front end of my 98 Ford Explorer
It has 211000 miles on it runs great.

They said I need new ball joints,tie rods,shocks and struts how much should this cost?

They quoted $795.00

Thanks

Dawn
1998 FORD EXPLORER
it went from my aunt to my gramps to my dad and now to me and its still working. problem with the fuel pump and transmission but overall a good car =]
1998 FORD EXPLORER
Bought this car in 2002 from a dealer. She had 50K on her. She now has 80k and I must say has been trouble free driving. Had to have the A/C charged and the thermostat changed and the factory radio was replaced under warranty. Other then that oil changes. Period!
1998 FORD EXPLORER
I've owned a 1998 Sport (2WD) for 11 years. Its got over 100,000 miles and been a great car. We had one right at 40,000 miles - motor on drivers seat was one. But this car goes and goes with a little preventive maintenance. Its probably been 5 years since I had to go to get anything broken fixed on it. Some small plastic pieces are having troubles but, hey, its 11 years old. WAY WAY WAY more reliable than my Mercedes.
1998 FORD EXPLORER
I have had my explorer for 2 years now. It is an older car, but it still looks and drives great. A Ford still running at 135,000 miles. I bet it will make it to 200,000.