2002 Ford Escort Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2002 Ford Escort owners like you.

2002 Ford Escort Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2002 Ford Escort. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 9/20/12 | Milwaukee, WI
I bought my Ford escort back in 2004, when it was only two years old and had only 23,000 miles. I currently have 141,000 miles. No major hang ups. I put on a considerable amount of miles due to my work's location along with other things. I do have one major hang up that I find troubling with the car, and that is the thermostat. The original lasted around 90,000 miles. Since then I have had not one but three replacements from good places! I idle the car more when it's cold, but eventually the thermostat becomes useless. I never had a problem like this with any of my other cars. The reason why I kept getting it fixed is because the rest of the car has been doing great! The engine runs like its new! It gets decent gas mileage. I really like it over all. Other than the thermostat, I have never had a car which performed so well!
By on 5/25/12 | Coldwater, MS
I have a 2002 Escort with 211,000 miles. I bought this car used 6-7 years ago with around 60,000 miles on it. I have only had to do maintainance like battery, brakes/rotors, belts, alternator etc. I do all this myself so it's been a very low cost car to maintain. Recently the A/C has developed a leak somewhere, so if anyone has had this problem, I would love some advice. I absolutely LOVE this car!!
By on 11/7/11 | Costa Mesa, CA
I love my Ford Escort, 2002... 120,000+, runs great! I will definitely want another when the time comes!
By on 4/13/11 | Warwick, RI
My 2002 Ford Escort has 120,000 miles on it and still has the original exhaust. Runs well except for the engine noise which seems to be a common problems. When I'm ready to trade it in I would definitely buy another Ford (Focus)