2001 Ford Escort Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Ford Escort owners like you.

2001 Ford Escort Ratings Overview
7 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Ford Escort. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 5/7/11 | Natick, MA
The 2001 Ford ZX2's engine is reliable and fast. Interior is fine just need to updated with your own style. Suspension and steering is tight yearly maintenance of tie rods and alignment is a must. Brakes is tight and can be upgraded to high performance for more stopping power.
By on 1/30/11 | Carteret, NJ
I bought this car in 2003 and now eight years later have yet to have a problem. I've only done routine maintenance on it and it has performed very well. It is a reliable car which is more than I can say for all of the GM cars I have owned over the years. I'm at 112K miles and its still going strong.
By on 1/16/11 | Crystal River, FL
i have had mine since 2000. No problems. Excellent car and condition. Love it. This is 2011.
By on 10/24/10 | Monroe, MI
I've had this car for three years now going on four. I haven't had to much work besides routine maintenance, but now i have to spend $700 on rack and pinion, power steering pulley & pump, serpentine belt, & tie rod ends. 121,699miles
By on 5/18/10 | Swansea, SC
My family has owned escorts for years and have always loved them, but when Ford decided to do the DOHC ZX2s, they destroyed the escort image. I purchased my 2001 Ford ZX2 in August 2001. Within days of buying my vehicle I started having problems. There was a hesitation in the transmission. The dealer mechanics were unable to reproduce the problem and basically insinuated it was because I am a woman driver. I drove it with the slight hesitation in the transmission for 2 years before the transmission finally went completely out. Of course by this time my warranty had expired. The car sat for over a year before I could afford to replace the transmission. Two days after getting my car back from replacing the transmission, the timing belt stripped out....which wasn't something I wanted to deal with after paying out all the money for the transmission repair. Not long after that the air conditioner quit working along with my driver side window. I had to have the car completely rewired and have the computer replaced. The car really has been one problem after another. It's now been sitting in my front yard for years since every time it gets taken out something else goes wrong with it.
By on 4/26/10 | Richmond, MO
I have had a 2001 Escort for about three years now. I am a faithful chevy owner in most cases, but this car was bought for me. It has been a great little car, but I have had problems since it hit 130,000 miles. The alternator went out, Serpentine belt stretched, had to replace ac regulator, and a coil pack yesterday. But i will say, I have only spent about $900 on repairs and it has been a good little car. I could not believe how well it handles on snow and ice. My husband drives an 04 Cavalier, and his was impossible last winter, while mine just got around like a champ.
By on 10/14/08 | Swansboro, NC
i bought the car in 2001 and it has been great i have 135,000 only one problem with the coil last month