2009 Ford Escape Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2009 Ford Escape owners like you.

2009 Ford Escape Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 2009 Ford Escape. The average rating is a 5.0 out of 5.
By on 8/13/14 | Hackensack, NJ
Bought this as a 'Certified Pre-Owned' with 24k miles, now at 38k. Dealership wanted to sell me new brakes at the 27k oil change, so I asked how I could've worn them out so quickly, when CPO states at least 50% brake life remains, or they change the pads? Dealers are crooks, so I never let them do any work. Bought new pads, when I went to change them, I needed a new tool! They changed the caliper bolts, so that was another $8. Only issue I have had is the sunroof leaking, pass side drain backs up & it leaks from the right front corner of the sunroof. The driver's side drain line is broken so it leaks onto the carpet next to the A pillar. Otherwise, the truck has been fantastic, even did a 2400 mile trip in one week, got 32mpg as well on highway (4cyl. front drive). Usually gets around 20-22mpg with daily use. I do miss the room of my Explorer, but that was mostly in the cargo area, so overall I am quite happy with this truck.
By on 12/9/11 | Fenton, MI
Bought new and love the vehicle! We have stuffed it to the gills and taken it up mountains to Yellowstone - still plenty of power in the 4cyl and great gas mileage. 80K on it now and beginning to see the start of maint items - it's in for a trans-to-axle seal replacement ($440 - gasp!) and needs new tires this winter.