2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews and Owner Comments

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 owners review and rate their 2000 Dodge Ram 1500.

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 (2 Reviews)
Overall
I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 5.2 V8 SLT 5 speed with 141,000 miles. I bought it with 110,000 miles. Tows great on a regular basis.
Within the past two years I have replaced: Water pump, tensioner pulley, thermostat twice (due to the first thermostat being faulty itself), lower ball joints, drivers side window motor, radiator, upper and lower hoses, tps sensor, ivac sensor, u joints, two new rear tires (I still need to purchase two new front tires), new brake pads and roters.

My Ram is reliable (even though it has had a lot of repairs). It does have the dodge cracked dashboard, I bought a cover so it no longer looks cracked.

The Ram is a great truck. No major problems if you keep with with routine repairs, especially if you choose the standard transmission.

To those who complain about the ram transmissions going out/cracked dashboards: this is a known issue with this generation of Dodge Rams. If you bought a used Ram and the automatic transmission goes out, I do not pity you. Especially if the truck is 5+ years old. Every vehicle has its niche about whats bad with it. Choose a standard transmission and you wont ever have an issue. And regarding the cracked dash: yes it sucks, but its not a major deal...especially when you can buy a dash cover online for pretty cheap.

Used trucks are used. you must keep up on repairs if you desire to have a good vehicle
I bought my 2000 Ram with 150,000 miles, and now it has about 235,000. I perform regular maintenance every 3,000 miles, and I am happy with the truck. I is a club cab, and it looks good and runs great. The major problem right now is the a/c, but I will fix it myself shortly, since it is getting close to summer. It is time for another brake job now, and I will need a water pump before long. I try to fix it BEFORE it breaks, once it starts showing wear. I would love to have a new four door Ram, but I'm just not willing to have another monthly note for it.