2008 Dodge Nitro Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Dodge Nitro owners like you.

2008 Dodge Nitro Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Dodge Nitro. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 4/14/15 | Laveen, AZ
I need help I live in Costa Rica one day coming back home I Park my dodge Nitro 2008 , 2.8 cc Diesel and surprise fire from the Engine... My problems I can't get replacement parts in Costa Rica I have been looking for 4 months and nada used or new parts, the engine still work but I need to replace every thing Buster, alternator, censors, fan, belts all plastic components.

Please If you where can I go let me know Use or new
rolanmcr@gmail.com

By on 1/10/15 | Celina, OH
I relly like my nitro.i bought it new in 2008.it has 107,000 miles on it but only replaced the water pump& battery.
By on 12/18/13 | Ridgecrest, CA
we have a 2008 dodge nitro. in the summer with the airconditioning running and we come to a sudden stop from say 40mph the trany goes to neutral and dont go back into gear until we out itn park then back into drive. recently we have another problem. when we use the key fob to remotely open the car, the horn beebs irregularly (without any rythem like the panic does) the windshield wipers and fluid sprays and again with no rythem and short bursts, and the lights will flash sperradically. I read this also happens in the dodge caravan. some times the transmision will drive in the tow mode and not change to high gear turning around 3500rpm just to go 50mph.
By on 9/9/11 | Bloomfield Hills, MI
I hear a humming sound for one month. Sounds like its coming from the front of the car. The sound occurs while driving. It gets a little loud with faster speed. The sound stops while at rest. What could be causing this problem. I have recently had a tune-up and fuel injection cleaning. Did not solve the problem.
By on 4/14/11 | East Northport, NY
I own an auto repair business and my sister owns a 2008 Dodge Nitro SXT. I perform all of the serivice work but I have noticed some odd problems that I have rarely seen on other vehicles. I have replaced both calipers due to binding and not releasing before 80K miles. She has 80K on the original spark plugs, but I'm going to change them tomorrow. The tire pressure monitor likes to turn on the light when very cold outside and the pressures are good. Otherwise, she loves it. I personally am not a fan of the vehicle and would have suggested something that gets better mpg.
By on 3/14/11 | Sun City Center, FL
Have had my Nitro for two years and have put 47000 miles on it ,have only replaced spark plugs,runs great
People approach me all the time and ask me what kind of auto it is and that it is very sharp looking
Overall I am very happy with my Nitro