2005 Dodge Durango Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Dodge Durango owners like you.

2005 Dodge Durango Ratings Overview
7 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Dodge Durango. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 12/29/16 | New Castle, PA
Rust!!...I own a 2005 Dodge Durango Limited which I purchased while I was stationed at Fort Drum, NY and while I like the power of the 5.7 liter Hemi and the 3rd row seating the extreme problems with rust on these vehicles is recall worthy.
By on 8/18/15 | Lumberton, NC
we bought our Durango (2005) in 2014 and everything seemed fine at first, but the A/C stopped working, then the car would just cut off out of no where. And I recently wrecked it due to the car stalling on me and the steering wheel wouldn't move or the breaks would not work. So needless to say I would not be buying another Durango after seeing all the recalls on them.
By on 10/13/13 | Madison, WI
RUST!!! Within one year of owning this truck my back lid began rusting out. By years 5 the back fender under the gas filler door area began rusting badly. Lots of minor interior problems that happened under warranty and were replaced with no problem however, when it came to the rust, no dealer wanted anything to do with it. What's a warranty for again? The brakes are way undersized for this vehicle as is the cheap suspension. Torsion bars front and back that rust after a few years (good luck getting replacements) and springs in the back that are worthless. I've done so much replacement work to the suspension I could have rebuilt few trucks by now. Oh, the ball joints, that a whole other problem. Love the giddy up and go from my Hemi, but not worth the hassle!
By on 11/4/12 | Granite Falls, NC
i have a 2005 dodge durango that has 119,000 miles on it it has started over heating so i replace water pump serpentine belt thermostat and it ran for a little while now i replaced a radiator on it and it is still overheating to the point where it will not drive in order for me to keep it running i have to hold it to the floor to even start it there is no oil in water and no leaks on this vehicle no one knows what else can be wrong with it any other ideas doge come on i see im not the only one complaining about this
By on 10/27/10 | Wilmington, DE
I bought my Durango Limited with the 5.7 Hemi used in November 1997 with 38,088, I have about 72,000 miles on it now. I have no maintenance issues to speak of. I only wished the fuel mileage was better, but hey, its a HEMI!!!! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. ITS A GREAT SUV and I LOVE MINES!!!!!
By on 3/30/10 | Broken Arrow, OK
We have a 2005 Durango with 83,000 miles and a 4.7. The only major issue we have had and believe it or not was a brake pedal rattling. We thought it had major front end issues, but turned out that a 28 cent C clip fixed the problem. Also, when the back seats are empty, they rattle a little. We avereage 22 miles per gallon on the highway. Bought it new and has been serviced by an OCD person.
By on 4/10/09 | Sacramento, CA
We bought this 2005 Durango Limited used in 2007 with 6500 miles. We have since put on 14000 for a total of 20000 miles. We do not use it as a daily driver. It has the Hemi engine , so it's not too economical. We do a lot of camping and boating and this is perfect for hauling our boat and camping gear. We also use it for any lengthy trips. Love it so far !!!