1997 Dodge Avenger Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1997 Dodge Avenger owners like you.

1997 Dodge Avenger Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 1997 Dodge Avenger. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
1997 Dodge Avenger
By on 2/28/12 | Memphis, TN
I have has my 97 dodge avenger 2.5 v6 for almost 8 years. It has been a good car. it smokes a little but I put two bottles of no smoke with the honey in it, change the oil 20/50 w and take it own through it usually takes two or three times.It has 227,000 miles on it, Ive had to put two transmissions in it,1 radiator,2 water pumps,2 crank sensors,three thermostats,left front axle,lower ball joints and control arms on it, but as far as the car overall I have absolutely no complaints, rifght now it cut off while I was driving and I'm trying to figure out why,but once again it has 227,000 miles on it,when I got it it had 115,000 in 2004. I'm praying it is something minor because I like my avenger and not having a car note.I will write back and tell you the problem.(octavious)p.s. the paint fades on the hood and top on all these models I see it on 1 out of three.
1997 Dodge Avenger
By on 11/29/11 | East Grand Forks, MN
I bought a used 1997 Avenger and it's been my favorite car in years. It gets 26 to 35 mpg. But this morning, I started it normally... turned on the headlights, and it died. Not sputtered... DIED. No lights, no warning, like flipping a switch. I have checked all the fuses and relays and they're all fine. I'm at my wits end and it's hitting below zero temps. I also live in an area where every local shop is a thief that wants to blame everything on the most expensive fix possible. I don't know what to do.