2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser owners like you.

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Ratings Overview
9 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 9/28/14 | Dunlap, TN
I bought this car in August 2014. The car only has 32,500 miles on it. The complete AC unit has gone bad. Thanks goodness I bought extended warranty and the only thing that is not covered is the ac belt which will cost me $67.00. The sensor for the airbag on the passenger side has gone bad and needs to be replaced which is not covered by warranty and will cost $200.00. I find it odd that I have driven cars that have had well over 100,000 miles on them and never had a airbag sensor go bad and this vehicle only has 32,500 miles and its gone bad. Other then those 2 things I have had no problems with this vehicle
By on 4/18/14 | Egg Harbor Township, NJ
I bought this car in October, 2013. I had rented one for a week & wanted one ever since. Main point for me is that it's an affordable car. I love it. It's fun to drive. I wouldn't take it across country thou.
By on 3/7/14 | Los Angeles, CA
Brought my 2008 PT cruiser two years ago. I love the car, the only issues I have with it is the engine mounts I need to replace every two years. I live in a city full of Potholes and just assumed they are the reason.
By on 4/6/13 | Albertson, NY
I bought this pt 2008 new, and never had a problem everithing is workink properly, i changed the brakes pads and rotor after five years of use not bad! my car has 42000 mmilles
By on 1/3/13 | Fayetteville, GA
I bought my car used in 2011 after a car accident. Wasn't even considering buying a Cruiser.

I had gotten a great deal on this car. Now that I have it, I love it. Has plenty of room, a decent radio, lots of bells and whisles. I have only had to replace 2 tires on the car b/c they were worn when I purchased.
By on 11/22/12 | Newtown, PA
Bought this car new 2008. I had a 2006 PT at the time which ran great, until it turned three years old and then little by little, maintenance became expensive with the same issues. Now the 2008 has turned four years old and I am having major miscelleaneous issues, one by one causing me to kick myself for buying this hunk of junk. I like the styling and it's great for the family pet to get in and out with 1/2 of the rear seat removed, however: at 12 nonths I replaced the battery, at 24 months replaced the hub bearings, at 30 months (29,000 miles) replaced the rear shocks, and the brake pads and rotors, at 36 months replaced the battery again, at 48 months replaced the throttle body plenum, engine mounts, replace the CAM sensor and the fuel injector and was told that next time in, would need front and rear shocks AGAIN! Almost $3K in repairs and the car has only 45,ooo miles at 4 yeats old. Problem is, I just can't afford another car at this time.
By on 11/13/12 | Winchester, VA
REAL NICE RIDE
By on 7/4/11 | Hudson, IN
this the 3rd.pt,I've had,and the worst.first the tires went in less than 20,000 mi.30,000 Mi. brakes, shocks and bushings.35,000,the valves in the engine began to rattle.now, the air conditioning has quit cooling. dealer est.$500.00-$800.00. I am 87 yrs.young,and can't afford that. any help? thanx
Nolan Smallwood
By on 4/19/10 | Roseville, MI
THIS IS THE WORSE CAR I HAVE EVER OWN, BOUGHT BRAND NEW AND IT'S NOT EVEN TWO YEARS OLD AND I HAVE TO REPLACE ALL BRAKES AND THE ROTORS...REAR BUSHINGS CONTROL ARM, BEARINGS AND HUB...