2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 owners like you.

2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 2/7/14 | Lake Stevens, WA
We have owned a 2003 Chevy Suburban with 130,000 miles and have continued to enjoy this vehicle. I do understand that if you maintain it, the engine can last for a long time. I actually sold my Toyota Sequoia because it had nothing but transmission and electrical issues. The Suburban seemed to accommodate my family better and had more room including better ride comfort. I do want others to know that the Transfer Case for these vehicles will tend to make a small hole causing a leak and this will be costly. Also, with these many miles, I am ready for a rear main seal and front driveline output shaft seal, but lucky for us we have someone that can help in repairing this project. Again, there are no perfect vehicles and not everyone will have a non-issue suv but if you do, great! if you don't, find something that would work for you and your family. So far, we are really enjoying this suv and what it has to offer.
By on 6/14/11 | Macon, GA
I have had my suburan for 5 years and i have nothing bad to say about it the only trouble i have had is out of the tramission at 80,000 miles other than that brakes,oil changes, and we bought a battery, great truck and i bought it at 62,000 miles it has 140,000 on it now we are getting a new one
By on 3/9/09 | Apache Junction, AZ
Well...what to say about the Suburban. Don't buy one without the extended warranty. New transmission at 70,000km, then seals had to be done again at 138,000km. Front suspension parts replaced twice under warranty. Electrical problems at 60,000km resulting in a new battery and ignition relay. HVAC blower would not shut off..requiring a new solenoid. Pinging and popping noises from exhaust. Oil gauge sending unit replaced. Fuel gauge sending unit replaced. Spark plugs and wires. 02 Sensor problem. Faulty wiring harness for trailer towing. Third row seatbelts replaced. Front and rear brakes and rotors at 140,000km, and a check engine light that is constantly illuminating!

However, until recently it was the only vehicle that could comfortably fit a family of five and pull a trailer. Likely will try Toyota next.
By on 4/20/10 | East Palestine, OH
I have a 2003 Chevy Suburban Z71. It has been nothing but head aches since I purchased it 2 years ago. First the factory amplifier for the rear speakers went out, then the rear air conditioning stopped working, next the air vents up front stopped working (you could not change between defrost, floor, or vent..etc.) then the anti lock brake controller died and I have had constant brake issues ever since. this vehicle has been the worst I have owned.
By on 3/12/10 | Phoenix, AZ
2003 Suburban...A great vehicle. Only problem in 82,000 miles has been a rear window regulator. Milage has been good, pulls my boat with ease. This is my second Suburban and I'd buy another.
By on 10/12/09 | Fairfax, VA
My truck has been very dependable and versatile, whether taking my family of six on a 2000 mile road trip or hauling loads of sheetrock and yard debris. Trim seems to hold together, except the color coating on my dashboard is peeling off -- revealing its true color, black. Paint has stayed true. Suspension handles well on and off road. It's a nice tough truck.