1997 Chevrolet Malibu Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1997 Chevrolet Malibu owners like you.

1997 Chevrolet Malibu Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 1997 Chevrolet Malibu. The average rating is a 2.5 out of 5.
By on 10/4/10 | Shreveport, LA
I hate this car.
By on 4/26/10 | Miami, FL
this car suck big time
By on 8/9/09 | Sturgeon, PA
I have had this car for 6 years, bought it new with 88,000 miles on it. I can't say that all I ever changed was the oil, but for the most part, I guess the car has been reliable. Last year's dusting of snow made for a bad winter. I felt the car swerving alot on just a dusting of snow. I have replaced the brakes almost every 2 years, rotors just this past year. The rear struts and coil springs needed replaced about 6 months ago and I am getting the front struts replaced this month. Hopefully this will fix all the rattling in the front end. A/C went out completely and I had to change the A/C compressor this spring. The interior of the car is perfect (except for the driver's side carpeting is worn out and the radio lights have not worked over a year). I can't say that for the exterior. A lot of rust has formed around the gas cap area and the bottom of each door. There is also rust coming through on the wheel wells.
My next purchase will be a Hyundai, only because I need a car that is safe driving in the snow.