2007 Chevrolet Impala SS Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2007 Chevrolet Impala SS owners like you.

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2007 Chevrolet Impala SS. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 2/20/12 | Shreveport, LA
I have a 2007 SS Impala and there's this noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. I took my car to Chevyland and the mechanic said that he didnt know what the noise was or where it was coming from. I've had the vehicle for 1 year and a few days and I've already taken the vehicle to the delearship several times for minor repairs. I wish I hadnt purchased this vehicle.
By on 11/16/11 | Elkton, MD
As with another post, this was my first Chevrolet I ever owned, and also the first new car ever owned. As far as "bang for the buck" I have not seen anything better, as the SS was released with almost everything GM offered built in. I run this mostly on the freeway, and the stock tires lasted 108K.

Only a handful of issues have been seen to date. Bulbs started going at 100k, but very easily replaced. TPMS receiver went twice and I blew off ever getting it again, as is a "fluff" feature anyway. Only significant issue was the torque converter clutch went at 103K so I had the tranny rebuilt as they had to pull the tranny up anyway. Interesting up side to this was the rebuild opened up performance and the "4 cylinder mode" will now kick in as low as 20mph. Initially it would not until 4th gear was hit at ~50mph.

2000 rpm = 77 mph = 26.5 mpg (cruising)

Teflon oil additives been used since engine broke in, so will be keeping this a while... 127K and counting.

By on 7/8/10 | Eden Prairie, MN
First Impala I've ever owned. The SS is the way to go!! She's 3 years old, just turned over 18k. I wish the suspension was tighter around corners, great acceleration, 30 mpg on highway.