2005 Chevrolet Impala Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Chevrolet Impala owners like you.

2005 Chevrolet Impala Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 12/10/10 | Helena, AL
I have owned three Impalas and loved them. This one, 2005, has had LOTS of problems. The main problem has been the transmission. I had to have the transmission repaired and eventually completely rebuilt ($1700). The front end will not stay in line and I buy tires too often. And no, this care has not been wrecked. Really wish I had my 2000 back!
By on 6/23/10 | Scranton, PA
I've had nothing but problems with this car! It is the worst car I have ever had/owned in my life!
First week I had it I had problems with the transmission.
Then, you would thinkt hat was enough, the car has been over heating like mad crazy. 6 thermastats, water pump, several flushes, and the car still overheats!
Check engine light pops on and off constantly. I can't drive over 10 minutes away or else it would over heat.
You would think that was enough for a newer car. NOW, I have a gas leak! WTF is wrong with this piece of crap!?!?!
By on 9/3/08 | Seattle, WA
Love this car. Tons of thoughtful little amenities. Inexpensive. Very safe. Great gas mileage for such a generous mid size. No repair or maintenance problems except the horn broke. Only oil changes for the last 50,000 miles, and the car tells me when to change the oil! Sweet. Only about every 7-8k miles! Totally saving a mint on maintenance. One other thing, and this is probably because I don't wash my car very often or keep it in a garage, but the paint is isn't in very good condition anymore.