2008 Chevrolet Aveo5 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Chevrolet Aveo5 owners like you.

2008 Chevrolet Aveo5 Ratings Overview
2 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Chevrolet Aveo5. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 2/9/12 | Mc Clure, OH
I bought my 2008 Aveo5 in April of 2009 with 35,600 miles on it. I bought it with cash and a trade in (a 2003 Ford Taurus wagon-V6 that I was having to put a lot of money into quite often). I was going on a long trip and wanted something good on gas and something more reliable than the wagon. My Aveo5 has been okay except a few things so far. It now has about 56,500 (yeah, I don't drive a whole lot) but a few months after I got it, when it had about 38,000 the catalytic converter went out on it. GM did pay for it because I raised hell with them because their service shop charged me for a "diagnostic test" and told me it was spark plugs and wires. It wasn't, then it was something else related to that, it wasn't. It was the CC. They wanted to charge me for the wires and plugs and the other thing. I told them no, because it wasn't my fault their reader was wrong. Well, GM picked up the tab for all it except the test, plugs and wires. Out of a $1600+ bill, I paid a little over $150. A few months after that (around Sept or Oct. of 2009) my driver's side door lock also fell in the door panel. I found instructions online also on how to fix it and hence did it myself. In August of 2011 I replaced all 4 tires because the TPMS light kept coming on due to tires not wanting to stay properly inflated. One last thing, my rear window wiper has failed somehow? The motor still runs (you can hear it) and the wiper will go down, but just hangs. It won't come back up. I've read elsewhere that it happens often also. The pickup is decent for being so small, the roominess is okay, but like someone said- the backseats are better for children or short people like me, the gas mileage is pretty good (I average 26-28 city and about 32-36 highway) and I drive 65 on a normal basis where speed limit is 55 and 75-80 when SL is 65. It's been a good car overall but I guess I wouldn't recommend it for a family vehicle, maybe as a starter car for a teenager. I call it my little ladybug (I have a red one and we like to "fly".
By on 7/17/10 | Mora, MN
great car. No problems yet. Needs a littile more HP and I advise whoever buys one to get A/C