2000 Cadillac Catera Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2000 Cadillac Catera owners like you.

2000 Cadillac Catera Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2000 Cadillac Catera. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 9/15/13 | Sanger, TX
The Catera is a Vauxhall/Opel Omega built in Germany. Read the European reviews and you do not find the problems experienced on the Cadillac badged Omega's. Could it be that American mechanic's/technicians do not have the expertise to repair or maintain them?
By on 4/21/13 | Kent, WA
I love this car, ride, comfort and handling, and I fix it on my own, I don't trust this car to anybody. I had 4 cateras, and 3 of 4 I got in horrible shape. People never took care before, drove till brakes down, and then it costs a lot to fix at the shop. My last one was taken care pretty good, a lot of things were replaced, even so, job was done not professionally, timing belt was installed incorrectly, and one teeth off... So first of all I would blame not the car, but the not professional personnel, which doesn't have any knowledge how to fix this car. It's not American Cady, so it's another way to take care of it. Now I have two, for myself and for my wife. We both enjoy this vehicle. Both have 140k miles. Only one thing I hate is the lights, which could be replaced with aftermarket ones.
By on 4/30/10 | Hampton, VA
I LIVE IN HAMPTON VIRGINIA AND IS LOOKING TO FIND AN REPAIR SHOP OR PERSON TO PUT AN NEW HEADGASKET ON MY CATERA THATS KEEP GIVING ME PROBLEMS. THIS CAR IS REALLY ALOT OF MONEY TO KEEP GOING. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY MY ENGINE LIGHT KEEP COMING ON AND THE ENGINE KEEP OVERHEATING
By on 4/24/10 | Philadelphia, PA
Terrible car bought it with 50,000 mikes have had nothing but problems it is a money pit at every level