1996 BMW 740iL Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1996 BMW 740iL owners like you.

1996 BMW 740iL Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 1996 BMW 740iL. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 6/24/12 | Baton Rouge, LA
i have a 1996 BMW 740IL the trunk is stuck and a key will turn completely around failing to catch or even attempt to open the trunk...I would like to know what will I need to get this trunk open? Thanks...
By on 1/25/11 | Camden, ME
I have a 1996 740il - and it just turned 70,000 miles. I baby this car - only drive it around town and around New England some. I have been lucky - no major expenses - yet. But, I replace things rather preemtively and do some basics myself - plugs, the occasion coils various hoses that may look tired. Not sure what my plan is with this car - but as long it keeps going, I will stick by it. These cars are a dream to drive but, owning - apparently your mileage may vary..........
By on 12/28/10 | Vinton, VA
I bought my car used in 2002 and have loved driving it the past 8 years. Like any vehicle, you should keep up the maintenance on it. The only issue I have is that some of the lights on the dash have gone out, so I can't see the temperature outside or set the temperature inside for each side of the car. I figure if it's cold, I'll turn up the heat, if it's cold I'll turn it colder. To replace the module, I was told it would cost $700 from the dealership, but I found a website that said BMW knew that it was an issue and that if you wrote to them, telling them which dealership you were taking it to, BMW would cover the cost, so I may have to try that. I love all the features and comfortability of this car. I would buy another if I knew I wouldn't have all the problems other people have.