2008 BMW 328i Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 BMW 328i owners like you.

2008 BMW 328i Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 BMW 328i. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
Value
Fuel Economy
Safety
Interior
Comfort
Performance
By on 3/3/18 | Dallas, TX | Car Owner
This is my first BMW - and knew they had a reputation of requiring fairly expensive maintenance - after all it is a "high performance" vehicle. My 328i had exceptionally low mileage (14k) on it when I purchased it in early 2014 - and just recently had a new Valve Cover Gasket and Seals along with new Oil Filter Housing Seals replaced at 50,000 miles. (circa $ 1,500) This is a very typical repair on these typically done around 60 to 70k miles - but the rubber components and seals wore out due to my vehicle age more than my actual mileage. But that's the first and only "major" repair I've had to have on a vehicle that is now 10 years old ! It's a "tight" car - that handles and performs beautifully on the road and I thoroughly enjoy driving it. You should reasonably expect to budget and spend anywhere from $ 1000 to $ 1500 /year (out of warranty) to keep this performance vehicle properly maintained.
Yes, I would recommend this car.
By on 2/13/15 | Florence, AL
I BOUGHT A 2008 328I 104K MILES HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE 9/14. DROVE IT NON-STOP FROM ALABAMA TO SAN DIEGO (30 HOURS) RAN LIKE A TOP AND GOT 27 MPG AT HIGH SPEEDS. REPLACED REAR WHEEL BEARING AND REAR SHOCKS THAT HAD A LEAK. I LOVE THIS CAR
By on 2/18/13 | Birmingham, AL
Purchased in 2009. September 2012 Profile gaskets replaced and ignition coil replaced $1678.48. February 2013 Junction Box and power cable replaced, in addition to that, the belt tensioner had to be replaced $2474.00. Had a Nissan Altima for 10 years and didn't spend this kind of cash to keep it maint. Not worth it.
By on 11/12/12 | Benicia, CA
Bought floor model (2008) in Sept. 2009 (300 mi) Within a week noticed rear differential fluid leak at right rear tire. Then the fan in the ventiliation system broke, then the navigation started etching out. Since then I've bought a new disc, had the navigation computer hauled over, had a new nav screen installed, then started with a valve gasket cover leak. Had to get 4 new tires at 50K miles, just another $1500 for that. Most of these problems happened before my 55K mech.warranty ran out.. but geez... when I consider that I've owned Nissan's in the past up to and over 100K miles and never had a problem I'm wondering what the heck. Just to drive a BMR... I'm reconsidering big time.