2002 BMW 325xi Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2002 BMW 325xi owners like you.

2002 BMW 325xi (8 Reviews)
Overall
2002 BMW 325XI
I had this car for exactly one month. It was my first car, I was a very new driver, and it is certainly not a car someone who is new to driving should have. It far overpowered my abilities as a new driver. I would recommend that only experienced drivers use this vehicle. The brakes were spongy, despite being performance brakes, and this made me exceptionally uncomfortable. I really had to slam on the brakes in order to get the car to stop.

I am writing this review mostly so that I can inform others of the safety features this car offers. I totaled this car by running it straight in to a tree at around 40 mph. I came out of the accident completely unscathed. I had burns from the air bag on my arms, and a mild concussion, but otherwise I was perfectly okay. I can say confidently that I may be dead right now had I been driving another car. This car did its job extremely well, and it kept me safe even in a very serious head on collision. If you are looking for a safe vehicle, this is the one for you!
2002 BMW 325XI
Since I have stopped servicing by the dealer many problems have gone away. I have 93,000. Rolling windows and their repairs is the most annoying problem.
2002 BMW 325XI
Don't touch this year/model with a ten foot pole. I have spent over $20,000 repairing this car since I bought it new. It has 150,000 miles on it, well maintained, but has developed problems once every few months since about 50,000 miles. Power steering went out, entire climate control system, radiator, valve gasket, sensors, solenoids, brakes problematic due to 4wd, among other problems too numerous to mention.
Love the car
Unbelievably good in the snow
Hate that it needs premium gas
Brakes have been a problem
Also have replaced two window regulators
2002 BMW 325XI
LOVED my girl! Bought her used at 92k, had her for 3 years until totaled in an auto accident at 133k. This car was fabulous -completely sure footed in the snow and on ice and cruising 100+ on the freeways. Biggest word of advice i can say is to get the Sport package...You will not regret!!
I did my own 90k service -parts ran at about $300 and did a tranny service which was relatively inexpensive too.

Oil change every 15k at the dealer -$100 but worth it -they look your car over and let you know what it needs. One time it was a brake light sensor thing -their quote was $300 but the part was only $25 so I saved $ doing myself. At last oil change (130k) valve cover gasket was leaking (dealer cost $490), front arm bushings were worn out (dealer cost $510), and both brakes needed replacement (dealer cost $1321). These were the only problems I ever had with her and if I had done those repairs myself again I would have saved a ton of money. So yes at 130K she needed expensive repairs but at this milage things wear out and need to be replaced! For what you get, completely worth it!! One of the funnest road trip cars!!
2002 BMW 325XI
I bought this car a little while ago, because it seemed to be a good first sports car according to a good bit of the reviews I have found. I was not disappointed with it at all. I got it for a fair price, and even after getting every repair it needed, it was within the market value of the car. Though admittedly complex, the climate controls work great (I thought my a/c was broken, but what I thought was a defroster was the button to turn it on). Though it takes some of the speed from the vehicle, the all wheel drive gives unprecedented control around corners (I didn't realize how fast I was taking them until my friend pointed out that I just did over 40 around a greater than 90 degree turn), and helping you dodge the odd cat or dog. I was fortunate to find one that had every upgrade available, including the Kardon surround sound system. The seat adjustment controls are intuitive and make it easy to get the perfect position in the car. The gas mileage is just above 30 MPG on the highway, but noticeably less (around 17-22ish) in the city. I would definitely recommend getting one, as it is easily one of the best vehicles I have ever driven.
2002 BMW 325XI
We actually own 2 of these models! One has 170,000 miles and is still a great car! The other still a baby at 60,000! Repairs are expensive...but there is a store in New Hampshire (also available on line) that you can purchase parts and if you are handy at all make a few repairs yourself!
2002 BMW 325XI
Excellent drive, reliable in snow and fuel efficiency is impressive too.

Brakes go bad soon. Had to change axle, alternator. oil seeped into cylinder. After dealer service works well.