1999 BMW 323i Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 BMW 323i owners like you.

1999 BMW 323i Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 1999 BMW 323i. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
By on 6/2/13 | Kearneysville, WV
I've owned this 1999 BMW 323i, automatic, 4 door for 2 years. I've have nothing but trouble with it. Major leaks fixed, cooling fan replaced, 2nd cooling fan replaced, starter, waterpump, air intake system replaced, thermastat, 2 batteries, brake pads, radiator fixed, overheating problems fixed, batteries for my one remote, reprograming problems, had everyhing working perfectly, now I can't start it, checked the fuses, reprogrammed the key, sometimes the trunk and doors opened, then not, got to the point where my wife and I couldn't get out of the car, because it wouldn't unlock. Crawled through the windows, now I learn I might have to get a new module 5 high for $$$$$. Is there anything BMW did right with their engineering? Without the computer working right, this thing is a death trap. And it's fickle. Works, then it doesn't work. I just started it 2 weeks ago, now I can't. Seriously, I'm not joking, what is the best way to blow this thing up and have it sing happy, happy, thoughts in the scrap yard forever? I am at my wits end! Driving time after each repair is about 20 miles or 20 minutes, whichever comes first. Thanks in advance.
By on 7/22/12 | Reno, NV
Great car but expensive to maintain, something minor is always going wrong with these cars. To answer question about lights, always look for corrosion on the contacts where the bulb holder screws into the light assembly. Fine sand paper or contact cleaner usually clears up the problem.
By on 12/18/11 | Orlando, FL
I have a 1999 BMW 323i. I recently found out the reverse light on my passenger side is out. I replaced the bulb and it still would not come back on. I then, checked the fuse box and found the fuse for the reverse light is in good condition. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?
By on 6/17/10 | Brilliant, OH