1999 Audi A8 Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 1999 Audi A8 owners like you.

1999 Audi A8 Ratings Overview
1 car owner like you reviewed their 1999 Audi A8. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
(1 Rating)
Displaying 1 reviewFilter
1999 Audi A8
By on 4/17/09 | Sarasota, FL
I purchased my 1999 Audi A-8 from a Chevrolet dealership in Minnesota in October, 2007. The car had 68,000 miles on it and now has 85,000 miles. The car is total luxury with the paint still in show room condition. The interior leather and all emenities are competive with a Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar and BMW. It is superior to a Cadilac and Lincoln. The car originally came from Florida and I purchased it in Minnesota. It has endured one winter in Minnesota and performed on ice and snow better than all SUV's I have owned. There are is no rust or corosian anywhere. A tribute to the all aluminum body. The car has been in Florida near the ocean and in Minnesota with salted roads. The brakes have been checked by a dealer on 5 occasions and no repairs were needed. There is a problem with the torque converter or speed sensor. When driving in the city I have found it necessary to use the manual shift on the automatic transmission. This places the car in the correct gear without the surging back and forth. The "idiot light" for checking the engine is on most of the time now. A dealer that I do not trust told me the car needs $2,200 in repairs. They wanted to change the pan gaskets, valve cover gaskets and several seals along with changing the timing belt and speed sensor. I would like to know what my best and worst case senarios are on this repair. Everything else on the car is perfect, in show room quality.