2002 Acura RL Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2002 Acura RL owners like you.

2002 Acura RL Ratings Overview
4 car owners like you reviewed their 2002 Acura RL. The average rating is a 5.0 out of 5.
By on 3/24/13 | Owensboro, KY
Yesterday I went to open my console and the lid came off whats the deal and how do you fix it?
By on 11/10/11 | Arcadia, CA
I was fortunate enough to find an '02 RL with 58k, in May of '11.
The car was actually owned by a little old "man" form Pasadena, then a year prior to me purchasing the car, bought by a high end sports car dealer for his elderly mother. The car basically sat for one year, then the guy sold it, due to non-use.
My only complaint about the body (3 stars) is the cover coat is starting to fail. The car does sit out at night, but during the week, at work, it is in underground pkg. I keep a good coat of polish on it and I'm crossing my fingers.
I just had to replace the continental tires with new Michelins. Wow, what a difference! I really notice it during slow MPH steering. Much less resistance in the steering wheel. If anyone familiar with the Pasadena FWy in So Cal, this car handles very well in the curves, now. I went w/the V rated tire and am glad I paid the little extra.
I change my own oil and when I did at 7,500 miles, the Penzoil synthetic looked new. Did not use a drop of oil. Can't say the same for my Chev Sub, which uses 3 qts between changes. This is our 4th acura and they are great cars. My Legend just would not die and I hated to see it go.
By on 5/7/10 | Franklin, TN
Bulletproof reliability and performance - 96,000 miles, no issues- cruises all day at 80mph,
no oil consumed or leaked, best brakes in the world, excellent sound system, corners like my MGB.
By on 4/18/09 | Austin, TX
Original owner of 2002 RL - and am totally pleased with this car during 8 years of ownership. It has been virtually trouble-free, requiring only minimal repairs along with regular maintenence. 2002 Aura RL has classic styling, beautiful and comfortable interior, fantasit Bose stereo, handles great for a large sedan, and engine / transmission are strong and very reliable. I would highly recommend this car to anyone considering purchase. I plan on keeping this car for another 8 years and have every reason to beleive the next 80K miles will be trouble-free also.